Jeep Night in Bay City

Started by LPM606, April 29, 2013, 10:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LPM606

I got an e-mail from the folks at Riverwalk Place today letting me know about a place in Bay City that does a Jeep Night every Thursday night.  Bay City isn't exactly around the corner for most of us, but I thought maybe we could pick a Thursday in June and convoy up to check it out after work.  It says they have a DJ and prizes and stuff... Could be fun.  If it sucks, there are a couple of fine brewpubs in Bay city we could always default to as a second choice!  The Place is called Castaways.  I found their website and facebook page and it doesn't say a whole lot about it, just that they are doing it... from some posts on gl4x4 it looks as though they have done it for at least the last couple years, so it is probably a good size crowd. What do y'all think?

First Thursday of the month is not good for me - I have my monthly Chapter meeting of the ACFE those nights.

Paul Hittie

When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

LPM606

Looks like we settled on Thursday June 27th for a run up to check out this event at Castaways. Keep the night open on your calendars!

gogolen

The night I'm leaving to go to Joliet for the route 66 nationals :-(

LPM606

Your Jeep will ikely still be in pieces at that time, no?

gogolen

I can't hitch a ride with you?

LPM606

Ed's "JK" taxi service.  Available for fine Jeep events since 2008.

StingRay66

We still going to Castaways Thursday evening?
Russ

No God ....................No Peace

Know God ................Know Peace

LPM606

That's the plan!  I was thinking we could meet at the mount morris rest stop at 5:30 to caravan up... Does that work for everyone?

naypalm

Sounds good to me! I get out of work at 4.

StingRay66

Russ

LPM606

Well, with quarter size hail and torrential rain falling on 3/4 of the state yesterday afternoon, we still managed to put a small group together to go check this out last night. Thanks to Paul H (and his Dad), Mark & Wendy, Russ, Cameron (and his Dad) for attending.  We ran into Pat Kinne and his wife and they hung out with us as well.  The event was not very well attended due to the weather but the hosts were very gracious and appreciative that we all made the drive.  Wendy's 4door rubi took second place in the voting from patrons for best jeep and Paul won a day pass to Rocks & Valleys.  (they said they would give it to the first person who could retrieve their Jeep registration and while we all contemplated running out to our Jeeps in the rain, Paul simply pulled his registration out of his wallet) I think it would be worth doing again when we have better weather... I have seen a few other similar events popping up on facebook and such as well...

StingRay66

Yea I like to go again and see when there are 30 or 40 Jeeps as he said they have had in the past when weather was good.
Russ

LPM606

We are heading back to Castaways this coming Thursday - August 15th.  Meet at the Mt. Morris Rest Stop at 5:30 to caravan up or go direct to Castaways if that works better!

Paul Hittie

Not going to make it. 

Sent from my electronic tether

When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance