Jeep Night in Bay City Take 2

Started by LPM606, July 17, 2013, 08:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LPM606

I was actually driving up near Saginaw today and heard a commercial advertising Jeep Night at Castaways on the Radio!  We talked at the meeting about going up a second time this summer hoping for better weather... How about the Thursday between Silver Lake and the Tubin Trip?  Next Thursday July 25th? Anyone else interested?

gogolen

Any chance for a "take 3"  in August when I'm home?????

Paul Hittie

I could be in for a couple more trips this summer.  No rain though
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

LPM606

I would go again in August as well, even if we do Next Thursday...

LPM606

Did anybody want to go back to castaways this Thursday?  I'm Game... It looks like Paul Might be... Anyone else? I'll bet that pretty yellow Jeep would get a lot of spectator votes...

Paul Hittie

I don't think I am going to go - I forgot that this is one of the meeting nights for the proposed Oxford/Oakland County scramble area.  Need to head that way instead.

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=264563&page=2&highlight=oxford
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

LPM606

Oh yeah. I do remember seeing that now that you mention it.  I should be able to make it for the meeting in Oxford as well... Never mind about castaways for this Thursday...  Maybe we can think about August 15th instead...

LPM606

The meeting last night in Oxford was pretty interesting.  The plans for the park looked pretty cool although they are trying to add so many things to the park that it limits the amount of space for any one thing - including ORV use which is supposed to be the primary purpose. The plans all include space for soccer fields, a dog park, beach access, equestrian trails, etc.  and seemed to do a pretty good job of separating the activities to avoid user conflict. Each attendee got 10 votes to place on different ideas around noise mitigation, priority of activities and access, etc. and then there was a live survey conducted about park options, parking, entrances, etc.  There were a handful of elderly local residents there that essentially tried to hijack the meeting and turn it into an up or down vote on the park and couldn't seem to get it through their heads that the idea was to get input as to if the park is approved what should it look like, what recreational opportunities were most important, etc.  Their main complaint seemed to be all the noise they deal with from current illegal wheeling in the area and they seemed to pay no attention to the fact that a full third of the materials presented for our input involved noise mitigation...  If I remember correctly, 64% of people attending the meeting were either from oxford or the local township and, Despite the very vocal opposition by this small group, on the survey 50% of those in attendance surveyed felt ORV access was an important element of the park plan... So we had at least some of the locals supporting the idea. But it is clearly far from a done deal.

StingRay66

Of all the places in Oakland county that is one of the most populated areas they could have chosen. But that might be the idea behind their choice, making it harder to get it. through, but I'm not sure the government can plan that we'll. It might also be they are trying to pull money from Lawler (auto correcting lap peer) county. But if that is the case lay peer county would probably build a better park just to show us up haha.

By the way thanks for the information I was wondering about the meeting I got the new shock put on last night in Fowlerville and didn't get home till 6:30
Russ

No God ....................No Peace

Know God ................Know Peace