6th Annual Four-Wheeling Against Hunger - Thanksgiving 2014

Started by TechJeeper, October 21, 2014, 04:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechJeeper

NewRide

"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

J's Jeep

Paul Hittie

When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

TechJeeper

Flyer has been updated.  Since I linked to a copy on our web server, it has updated across the boards I posted on as well.  Here is the PDF of the flyer.
http://www.whatliesbeyond.org/flyers/TDayFlyer2014.pdf

alan6271

So what is the lay of the land for this event?  Is this something that my entire family can come and help out at?  I have a four year old and a nearly 8 year old.  We want to be active members in the club but I don't want anyone to be in the way. 

I really think my 8 year old daughter would be all over this if she had a "job" to do....Very outgoing kid.

Just let us know how we can help.

Does anyone else smell that?  Smells like burnt hot dogs and transmission fluid!

TechJeeper

Quote from: alan6271 on November 05, 2014, 04:43:14 PM
So what is the lay of the land for this event?  Is this something that my entire family can come and help out at?  I have a four year old and a nearly 8 year old.  We want to be active members in the club but I don't want anyone to be in the way. 

I really think my 8 year old daughter would be all over this if she had a "job" to do....Very outgoing kid.

Just let us know how we can help.

Kids are more than welcome!  I know the ones that have came with their parents in the past have had a blast (as long as they don't mind the cold).  Not only do they get to check out some pretty crazy off-road vehicles, but it's also fulfilling for them to help collect money/food and stuff. 

alan6271

Thanks TechJeeper.  We will be there.   What time does everyone show up?
Does anyone else smell that?  Smells like burnt hot dogs and transmission fluid!

LPM606

We are there setting up super early - like 7:00 to get set up, but you could stop by for an hour or two really any time between then and 2:00 or so.  We got pretty busy last year right around noon as people were leaving the park and stopping by for a cup of cocoa or coffee on their way out...

alan6271

Hey guys.  Wanted to drop you a line and say Thanks.  Paige and I had a ball today and are very stoked about being involved with the club "that is if we get voted in?". 

Happy Thanksgiving.

The Darons.

LPM606

It seemed to many of us that The Mounds was not nearly as busy as it has been in years past and our donations were a bit less than last year as a result.  That said, we still had a bunch of great people stop by to say "HI", have a cup of cocoa and drop a few dollars in our bucket for The Eastern Michigan Food Bank.  Dropped everything off at EMFB this moring.  Our totals collected were: 190 lbs of food donated and $485.77 in cash/checks. Thanks again to everyone who donated and to our club members who also pitched in the coffee, donuts, etc.

$485.77 x 6 meals per dollar = 2914 Meals for people in need

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

StingRay66

if anyone has one of the quarter page handouts we had at the mounds could you save it for me please! I can get it in Grayling or at the next meeting

Thanks Russ
Russ

No God ....................No Peace

Know God ................Know Peace