Last Sunday in February, Episode 6

Started by Paul Hittie, February 25, 2015, 08:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hittie

For those that have been around a while, our Last Sunday in February runs have been full of friends, snow, Jeeps and good times for the past 6 years.  We have traveled to St Helen, West Branch, and Grayling.  We have also invited new friends, new members, GLFWDA members and old members alike.  Some years we go exploring, some years we stick to more familiar trails, but we always have a good time.  This year was no different - Shawn from SoFO/GLFWDA took us out North from West Branch on some old, less traveled trails.  Great scenery, a couple of great tight and twisty trails, and we got everyone back in one piece.  Thanks to everyone who came out, it was a great break from my busy work schedule this time if year.

Sent from my electronic tether

When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

alan6271

Does anyone else smell that?  Smells like burnt hot dogs and transmission fluid!

StingRay66

Leanne and I had a great time. I think that we could call that a run in Rose city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KE8AIB
Russ

No God ....................No Peace

Know God ................Know Peace

Paul Hittie

I left my tablet in Ken's Jeep (I think) and have not had a chance to look at my GPS tracks yet - but we were far enough north of West Branch that I ran out of pre-downloaded maps part way through the day.  I think Shawn referred to it as a Rose City run too.

StingRay66

I remember seeing rose City Road at some pout near the end of the run.

KE8AIB
Russ

No God ....................No Peace

Know God ................Know Peace

gogolen

Quote from: StingRay66 on February 26, 2015, 08:18:30 PM
I remember seeing rose City Road at some pout near the end of the run.

KE8AIB
We crossed it going north early on, then when we took it west to fairview road at the end of the day.

Paul Hittie

Anyone have time to write up a more elaborate narrative for our trip?  Maybe add some pictures?  Just received my monthly poke from Peter Vahry, the UFWDA editor who is always looking for content for e-News

"Despite the cold weather in many places, there is probably still some 4x4 activities that have happened, or are planned. The wider membership of UFWDA are interested, so send me some information and I'll publish it.

The usual deadline of the 10th of this month.

I'm still on the lookout for photos and stories for this month's edition of Voice too."

Regards
Peter Vahry
UFWDA editor

I am sure the GLFWDA editor would be happy to receive an article too - you could even cheat and just send the same article to both!