Bundy Hill December 12th?

Started by LPM606, November 30, 2009, 08:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LPM606

I see Bundy Hill is going to be open the weekend of December 12th & 13th.  Would anyone be interested in meeting locally around 10:00 am on Saturday the 12th and caravaning down to Bundy Hill?  It looks like a 2 hour drive meaning we would arrive around noon and the park is open till dusk, which I assume would be around 5:00 by then...   I haven't discussed this with Julie yet, so I am not positive we can go (who knows what holiday plans we may have?), but I thought I would throw the idea out there.

Herezja

Right now I would like to try and go, but I have a business trip to Florida that week. If everything is done I should be able to get out of there on Friday (Dec. 11) but if not, they will leave me in place there until everything is finished. If I am back, though, I will try and make this. In looking at mapquest, I think I am about 2 hours east of Jackson/Jerome. If anybody wants to come back to my place afterward, I can put some meat on the smoker and get some beers cold. It should be about an hour shot to Davison from my house, but I have plenty of room for "cold weather" campers or anyone who actually wants a bed or couch...if you don't want to make the trek home until the next day.

ricochet1987

i should be able to go!
J.E.E.P= Just Each and Every Paycheck!!!

Paul Hittie

You guys still thinking about going?  I am installing a new bumper starting this weekend, and until I get the new one on I have no rear tow point, but am hoping to be done by the weekend of 12/12.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

TechJeeper

Quote from: "phittie1100"You guys still thinking about going?  I am installing a new bumper starting this weekend, and until I get the new one on I have no rear tow point, but am hoping to be done by the weekend of 12/12.

If you need a hand this weekend, I get out of work at 5.

LPM606

If we can gather at least four vehicles committed to it, I think I can talk Julie into it... Talk it over at the meeting? Fees for Bundy Hill are $15 per driver and $5 per passenger.  Plus you need a flag.  I don't know if Derrick has a way to mount a flag on his rig yet, but I do have some spare flags.

Saturday is pretty shot for me, but I could come read the manual for your bumber on Sunday afternoon before the meeting if you want...

ricochet1987

Quote from: "LPM606"If we can gather at least four vehicles committed to it, I think I can talk Julie into it... Talk it over at the meeting? Fees for Bundy Hill are $15 per driver and $5 per passenger.  Plus you need a flag.  I don't know if Derrick has a way to mount a flag on his rig yet, but I do have some spare flags.

Saturday is pretty shot for me, but I could come read the manual for your bumber on Sunday afternoon before the meeting if you want...
acctually thanks for mentioning it no i dont have a way but i got duct tape!!!

Paul Hittie

You need to drill a 1/2" hole in the top of your front bumper.  If you don't have a bit that big, stop by and we can coordinate with Ed on the instructions.  And like Ed, I have an extra flag or two kicking around in the garage.

Paul Hittie

Quote from: "Gr8archer"
Quote from: "phittie1100"You guys still thinking about going?  I am installing a new bumper starting this weekend, and until I get the new one on I have no rear tow point, but am hoping to be done by the weekend of 12/12.

If you need a hand this weekend, I get out of work at 5.

We are hosting all of the little people from the family today for a Christmas cookie baking party, so I will definitely be in need of pizza and beer by 6pm.  The bumper is big and heavy, but cheap!

So if anyone wants to stop by tonight, follow the sound of cursing and tools being thrown across the floor to my back garage.  I have to pull both my stock bumper and my hitch, relocate my CB antenna and 7-way trailer plug, and install the new bumper/tire swing.  I better stop and get a second case of beer!

LPM606

We are going to be out doing some christmas shopping and such this afternoon.  I'll see how late we run and hopefully I can manage to swing by and lend a hand.  If the bumper is too heavy for me to hold up on my own, I may have exhausted my usefulness, but at least you will have a back-up instruction reader!

LPM606

So as of last night, we have Paul, Derrick, and Myself definitely going and acoording to his post, Chris is a "hope to if I'm back from Florida".  Paul, Derrick, and I are meeting at the Speedway off of Rt23 at Grand Blanc Rd at 9:00 Saturday morning so we should be down to Bundy Hill about 11:00.  Pack a lunch for in the park.  Fun afternoon of wheeling, dinner, then home by around 8:00pm or so.  Anyone else that gets their rig fixed or decides to come along, let us know!

ricochet1987

welp my mom is gonna go so ya i may have to take it slow in the park....roflmao.....pray she dont grab my wheel and flip me over!!! ::woot::  ::woot:: she wont she promises....ya right lmao

dbikers

can she swim?  if not i'd steer clear of any innocent-looking puddles
Be careful about reading health books.  You may die of a misprint.
             -- Mark Twain

LPM606

You interested in coming John?

ricochet1987

ya she can swim but i dont think that will be a concern with this winter storm were getting i think it will be mostly muddy slushy junk lol