New Forum!

Started by TechJeeper, March 24, 2012, 05:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechJeeper

So, the past few weeks we have been struggling with spam bots bombarding our forum... I apologize for this, and after investigation it appeared to be the fact that the forum software used was full of security holes that let the spam happen.  Over the past couple of days I have been working on transitioning the data from the "old" forum to a new system.  Tonight Matt and I finalized the style and permissions and I feel that it is ready for the "switch".  I have disabled the old forum, setup appropriate redirects and we should be good to start using the new forum.  All the user accounts, posts, PMs, ect have all been converted to the new database.  The only thing that might be lost was posts that were created in the past 24-48 hours, I apologize, when I checked, there were a couple in that time frame. 

So, if you see any issues or run into any problems please send me either an email (cldean86@gmail.com) or shoot me a PM on the forum.  If you have any suggestions, let us know as well!

I am excited at the possibilities presented to us with the new software and look forward to a quicker and less... "spammy" forum!

Thank You,
Cody (TechJeeper)

TechJeeper

NewRide

"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

NewRide

"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

naypalm

The threads are in reverse order, sorry everyone we are working on this.
To view the newest threads, click on "last post" to the upper right.

naypalm

Quote from: naypalm on November 21, 2012, 11:20:22 PM

Fixed! If you spot any errors let me know.

TechJeeper

You rock Matt, thanks for figuring that out, I was bashing my head trying to figure out what was going on!

Quote from: naypalm on November 21, 2012, 11:44:32 PM
Quote from: naypalm on November 21, 2012, 11:20:22 PM

Fixed! If you spot any errors let me know.

longarm

This forum layout looks GREAT! 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."