Bundy Hill September 8th

Started by LPM606, July 02, 2012, 07:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LPM606

Paul won a free pass to bundy hill at SnoFari this year.  We finally set a date to go try the park. Saturday September 8th for a day tripper.  As we get closer we can finalize details of caravaning down, etc. using this forum.

TechJeeper

I might not have my TJ, but I would love to tag along if anyone has an open seat.

LPM606

I'll have an open seat if you are interested...

LPM606

This is just a few weekends away.  I know Mark said he was in... who else is coming?

TechJeeper

Quote from: LPM606 on August 06, 2012, 06:12:31 PM
I'll have an open seat if you are interested...

I wouldn't mind riding along if it's still open :)

a24kgoldphoto

Anyone have an open seat??
Anyone going I might hitch a ride with? I Ransomed the dog back from the Vet and my mad money fund is down to splitting gas with someone till next payday can/does anyone endure/want or need a passenger? I'll partially subsidize fuel costs 

Don

mlh00

Is this trip still a go?  Looks like it is about 2 hours from Mount Morris.  What time is everyone planning on getting down there?

Paul Hittie

We are planning to leave the Burton Walmart at 8am, pits us there between 930 and 10.  As of now my son is planning to tag along so I will not have an empty seat.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

LPM606

I offered my open seat to Cody originally... I just pm'd him to see if he is planning on coming, if not, you can take my open seat.  I'll let you know.

mlh00

will plan on being there around 9:30.  see everyone then

LPM606

Cody is going to meet us there at Bundy Hill and take my open seat for the day.  Sorry Don!

a24kgoldphoto

Have FUN looks like I'll keep working on staining the fence.

gogolen

LPM606

We had a great day out at bundy hill.  Weather turned out to be perfect and we had a nice size group with several people that Paul had recruited off one of the Wrangler forums including one brand new rubicon owned for just one week!  They (and a couple others) were wheeling for the first time.  Some pretty amazing stuck situations (both rocks and mud), some carnage (lost a rear driveshaft, for example), and an overall great day of wheeling!

Paul Hittie

I had a great time - Bundy Hill is a longer drive but definitely a better option than The Mounds. 

Carnage turned out to be a little more than I thought.  In addition to the wheel weights ground down or peeled off one tire and slid 3" around on another tire, and some new rock rash on my wheels, I popped the head of the bolt off of my steering box skid - also holds the bottom of the bumper.  Unforunately that was a grade 8 bolt (as hard or harder than my drill bits) so it looks like I will have to cut the nut out from the inside of the frame rail and get a new one welded in.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance