Silver Lake Trip

Started by Anonymous, June 12, 2007, 10:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Okay, I'm fretting about this.  We are 90% sure we are going---where is everyone staying?  Do we need to make a reservation somewhere?  Do we need to get passes or whatever for the Dunes as I heard that sometimes they sell out and that there is a big event there the same weekend.

Chris said that the club is staying on someone's property.  Is that accurate?  I just want to make sure we have a place to stay and aren't going to be SOL once we get there.  (wow, how long before I get thrown outta the CJ and left for dead?????  :lol: )

Thanks!!

Nosilla

Yes Mel we will be camping at Todd's house. He is one of our club members and he has a place right on the lake. Not sure if it is silver lake or lake Michigan. But we are staying there.

As far as the vouchers go, i haven't heard of a problem getting on the dunes besides holiday weekends.

Should be a fun weekend.

longarm

Yup, we need to figure out sleeping arangements.  Were not to fond of tents.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

Anonymous

kewl--I think we will be tenting it.  Haven't used the tent in about 10 years---maybe we should get it out and set it up first to make sure rodents or other various creatures haven't modified its original structure, huh?  :mrgreen:  

hopefully the weather will hold and it will be a nice weekend for getting burned.....

Paul Hittie

We are stayying at the state park - had our reservations for several months now, plus we will be arriving slightly ahead of the rest of you (Monday 6/18).

Chris & Mel let us know if you need a rodent-free tent.  Since we bought the pop-up our Taj-Majal tent just sits in the garage.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Anonymous

Tent??????????  WTF did I buy an RV for ???????  She may be in a tent, but I know where I'll be sleeping!!

Paul Hittie

lol
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

longarm

Quote from: "Harley"Tent??????????  WTF did I buy an RV for ???????  She may be in a tent, but I know where I'll be sleeping!!

I was waiting for that.   :mrgreen:   I don't think that either Chris's or my back can handle sleeping on the ground.  You know, all our old war wounds and all.   :mrgreen:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

Nosilla

Thats why i have a air matress and all.

Anonymous

not sure what good an RV is going to be in an area without power and water.  

Besides, I'd rather spend the $200 it will cost us to get it there and back on beer :)

Nosilla

isn't it self contained? generator and water hold tank!

Anonymous

ummmmmmm  yep

Nosilla

all set then.

Anonymous

except for the money to fill the 75 gallon tank.... EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSS.  Wonder how many miles to the gallon we would get with a trailer behind us. Not sure this will be pretty.....

(wonder if we can just winch the CJ to the roof??) :)

Nosilla

That would be a sweet sight. Just watch the over passes.