Just got a Jeep

Started by brownn908, January 22, 2010, 12:57:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownn908

Hey,

Just got a Jeep and want to get into off-roading.
Haven't really ever been, but looks like a blast.
Figured this would be a good way to jump in and get started.

TechJeeper

Welcome!  Where you from?

Paul Hittie

I don't think we have anything planned until late next month, but that doesn't mean there isn't someone up for a trip to the Mounds for a "shakedown" trip.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

TechJeeper

We are going to do a day trip to the mounds this comming Thursday at about noon or so, if anyone wants to tag along.

ouchman

welcome
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

COF radio http:// 216.59.4.130:8014/listen.pls  http://xat.com/chat/room/85630064/

jeepfan1974

welcome to the maddness
Let\'s go wheeling!

LPM606

Welcome to the website, and the world of Jeepin'.  We have tons of fun and I'm sure you will as well.  We have a meeting next Sunday at Shraky's Sports bar if you are interested in coming to meet some folks and see what its all about.

brownn908

alright, i'll probably make my way out for that meeting.
i'm about 15 min south of flint.

unfortunately, i'm kinda busy this thursday.
can't wait to get out, though.

so do i just need to get the orv liscence and i'm good to go?

TechJeeper

An ORV sticker is required on a full size vehical in a few areas in Michigan.  The Mounds in Mt Morris, Silver Lake Sand Dunes, St. Helens ORV Area and Drummond Island.  There are a few private parks in the area that do not require an orv sticker.

LPM606

I think the current sticker expires in March, so unless you have specific plans to go out where they are required in the next month, I would hold off.. Save youself $17.00.  (I think that's what they were this year)

TechJeeper

16.25 but yea, unless your planning a wheeling trip, wait a bit

brownn908

so is there anywhere thats pretty close where i don't need a sticker and kinda get a feel for off roading?

i heard some people go under power lines south of fenton. any word on that?

TechJeeper

Not sure about the power lines, but sounds like illegal wheeling.  The mounds in mt.morris is fun and has just about everything, from mud to rocks.

jeepfan1974

more like ice and snow
Let\'s go wheeling!

Paul Hittie

If it is in Genesee or Oakland County, and it isn't the Mounds, it's not legal unless you personally have permission from the landowner.  Utility right-of-ways are leased by the utility companies, and they do not allow recreational trespass.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance