West Branch

Started by Nosilla, October 07, 2007, 08:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosilla

Lets go wheel. Sunday October 21st in West barnch. My plan is to take off from the wal mart parking lot at 12 (noon) Wheel till about 5 or 6 then catch dinner in town then head for home.

So bring some snacks and drinks for the trail and maybe even a camera. Should be a good time for the whole family.we are going to GPS some of the trails while we are there also to give to GLFWDA to help aid in getting more ORV route miles in Michigan.

See you guys and gals up there then.

TechJeeper

if I have my jeep back by then, and if you will allow me to tag along, I will more than likely join yall up there.

Mudviper

Which Wal-Mart parking lot are you talking about leaving from?

longarm

We might be able to make this one.  I'll check with the War Counsil.  Hey Neil, you don't plan on wheeling for very long do ya?  That is unless your talking about the Yall-mart in Westbranch.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

Nosilla

Yes i am talking about the wal mart in west branch. Pull out of that 1 at noon.

Cody, all members should be there. this was set up for as a club trip.

astrogiblet

I should be there. My Jeep *should* be back up and running by then! Yay!

And, like Neil said, this counts as an Event (as voted by the members who were at the meeting yesterday), which will allow several people to be voted on at the next meeting to join our club.

-Brandon

naypalm

Can't wait!

94_xj_country

need to straighten some stuff out but i should be there
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

ouchman

Quote from: "NayPalm[Maker"]Can't wait!
x2
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

COF radio http:// 216.59.4.130:8014/listen.pls  http://xat.com/chat/room/85630064/

Anonymous

Quote from: "94_xj_country"need to straighten some stuff out but i should be there

Heh, so does Chris :lol:

I think we are planning to do this one as well.  We'll see how the kids do as that may be a long day for them.

Paul Hittie

Deb's hoping to arrive in something yellow for this trip
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

JEEPSALESGUY

I'm gonna be there, I just hope the family will be joining me!! :D
05 tj 4" procomp lift, 33" mickeys & not enough time to wheel it!

Mudviper

Have a couple questions about this trail ride. Not sure if you mapped out our route yet, but will there be any traveling for a long distance on pavement? Will there be anyone going up towing there vehicle?

The reason I ask these two questions is that I have a delema with the type of trail tires I own, which really sucks for me in a way. I don't own a set of tires yet that I can travel both on the highway and go trail riding with, so I will have to bring a second set of tires and change them out when I get to West Branch. I can drive around town fine with them, but my set of 31" Mickey Thompsons are bias-ply tires and I have real trouble driving with these on the pavement for a extended distance if I have to drive over 40 mph do to the fact that I get death wobble effects. I can run my 33" Yokohama's on the highway, but the tread on these wears really fast and I would like to keep these tires around for as long as I could since they don't make these tires anymore and I don't have $500 to go out and buy a new set of tires.

Hate to sound like a pain in the ass, but this is what I have to I am stuck with at the moment. I hate having to trailer my tires every time I want to go out wheeling outside of Genesse.

Nosilla

Mudviper, This run will be mainly on 2 tracks. We might hit a total of 15 miles of pavement all day. Mainly to jump between trails. There will be no reason to go above 40 at all.

I plan to trailer my jeep up if i have it done in time. If not i will be driving the jeep up.

NewRide

Mud Viper get a set of Goodyear MT/R thats what I'm running and they work great for a DD and off road. They like rocks too LOL
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)