Crawl 4 The Cure 2019

Started by Paul Hittie, August 28, 2018, 04:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hittie

Several people have asked for details to get vacation requests made for next year, here is what I know:

Date: Third weekend in July each year
Cost: $250 ($50 registration, bring $200 donations or pay $200 at check-in)
How Far:  720 miles & 12 hrs through the UP @ posted speeds, 800 miles and 12 hrs through Chicago. 
Why? Fundraiser for the Upper Midwest Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society

Camping is available on site for modest cost, first come first served.

Trail rides Friday and Saturday, usually there is a night run Thursday or Friday
Trail lunches available for modest cost, dinner provided Friday and Saturday

Great event, great facility and great cause!  Jonathon and I have made the trip 4 years in a row now, we typically leave Wednesday morning, drive as far as Ironwood and stay at a cheap motel, then finish our drive on Thursday.  Gives us time to register, set up camp, go through tech inspection (pretty straight forward - no leaks, battery tie-down, fire extinguisher, seat belts) and get our MDNR trail permit for the park ($15/yr, $35-ish for 3 yrs). 

If anyone wants to tag along or meet us up there, let me know ahead of time so we can get adjoining camp sites.

Here is some more information to get you up to speed:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/46966542631/
https://msc4c.zenfolio.com/
http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/HittiesCrawlers2018
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Paul Hittie

I was cleaning up my Inbox at lunch today, here is the 2018 note on camping just so you know ahead of time what the arrangements look like.  My copy of the camping map is PDF and won't upload:

From Brian Nelson:
Hello everyone, it is time to get all the camping figured out. If you are registered to camp with us then this email applies to you. For those of you that are new to the crawl we have about 40 sites at Sherwood forest campground and we pack the place full of the workers and the first 100 registrants that want camping. I try to accommodate the best I can and make it work for everyone, we recommend you bring plenty of garden hose, splitters and extension cords. We end up putting several groups on each site to get as many people on location as we can. If you know where you would like to camp and or who with, I would like to know that so I can try and figure it out.

Otherwise I will just put you where it works best for me. All requests in reality can not be met but I will try. If you paid for your camping when you registered that covers your camping from Thursday at noon till Sunday at 11am, if you need camping before or after that time you need to contact Sherwood forest and make your reservations with them. I have attached a map for you to reference from. I will try and get it figured out and let you know who your with and which spot.     Email me your requests please.   
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance