New addition

Started by Anonymous, July 30, 2007, 08:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

We have a new addition to our family.  Meet (imagine this) ....  Harley

NewRide

Sweet !
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

Anonymous

okay, so when do these things quit crying through the night??? :)

I'm new to this puppy stuff---cute as all get out, but where does all that POOP come from???????

astrogiblet

Haha! Congratulations Harley and Mel!

Give 'im a couple days to get settled in and the crying should stop.. thats how it was with one of our dogs when we got him as a puppy.

-Brandon

longarm

Easiest way is to take his leash and tie it to your bed post at night.  Give him only enough room to stand up, turn around, and lay back down.  They don't like to soil where they are laying.  Plus, they can hear you breathing at night and won't feel alone.  A great book to read is called "The art of raising a puppy."  It's authored by the Monks of New Skeete.  It was recommended to me while I was in the Army by the lead K9 trainer on post.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

NewRide

Or just buy a crate and crate train them. Same idea as the bed post , put a whine up clock in the bed with it and a hot water bottle.
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."

Anonymous

Nope, not the way I train my dogs.  But don't fear, he will make it through just fine.  Been 4 days and he's pretty good at doing his business outside.  Nights are getting longer too.

jeepfan1974

cute dog chris
Let\'s go wheeling!

94_xj_country

nice lookin dog ther chris, ive always owned labs, they're great. you gonna hunt with her?
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

Anonymous

Him.  I'd like to, but that would require more time and training than I have to devote right now.

94_xj_country

i still have some a decoy and some stuff left over if you deicde to giver her some training
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

Paul Hittie

Are you sleeping through the night yet?  Our little bundle of joy is up every 2 hours or so, driving me NUTS!!
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Anonymous

Quote from: "phittie1100"Are you sleeping through the night yet?  Our little bundle of joy is up every 2 hours or so, driving me NUTS!!

WPWP...try RUM.  Seems to work for Harley  :lol: I'M KIDDING, folks!  Don't go all PETA on me :)  (you know I wouldn't give up my rum for a dog.  I use So Co Instead.....)

NewRide

Whats wrong with PETA ?? People Eating Tasty Animals !! I've never had dog yet LOL

Paul Hittie

"Buddy"
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance