Crawl 4 the Cure 2016 - yes we are asking you for money!

Started by Paul Hittie, March 07, 2016, 04:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hittie

Jonathon and I (Hittie's Crawlers") are making our plans to head back to The Iron Range OHV Park in Gilbert MN in July (unfortunately the same weekend as the club's Silver Lake trip) for Crawl 4 the Cure 2016 - a fundraiser for multiple sclerosis.  For those that do not know about MS, it strikes primarily between ages 20 and 40, more women than men, and more people are diagnosed in colder climates than warm.  There is no known cure, only treatments to manage symptoms, and some types of MS are resistant to management.  Every MS patient is different, most cannot be identified in a crowd because the symptoms are internal, but there are an estimated 400,000 patients in the US alone.

To learn more about our efforts or to make a donation  please go to:

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/Hitties_Crawlers

If you have nothing better to do the 3rd weekend in July and want to tag along, let me know and I can send you more information.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

alan6271

You can still do the blessing at Silver Lake Sand Dunes in June.
Does anyone else smell that?  Smells like burnt hot dogs and transmission fluid!

Paul Hittie

Nope gotta take my wife to Cinci in June for a class, Jonathon and I are going to tag along so we can have a little vaca time with Momma.

gogolen

Send me more information.  Looked like you guys a good time last year.

Paul Hittie

http://www.crawl4thecure.org

www.facebook.com/groups/46966542631/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

Paul Hittie

Looks like we will be taking our own pit crew this year - Jonathon has invited a couple of friends to tag along

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

Paul Hittie

Wendy reminded me after the meeting tonight that I had missed a perfect opportunity to make an announcement about our fundraising efforts for MS coming up next month.  The good news is we will have one more opportunity at the meeting next month, which is a couple of days before we leave for Minnesota.

If you would prefer to make a donation directly through the MS Society website, you can do so by clicking the link for our fundraising page, that way you get a formal acknowledgment for your gift from the MS Association

If you would rather write a check, please make it payable to the National MS Society and I will deliver it to the MS Society at the event.  If you want to hand me cash make sure you let me know if OK to mention you in a thank you on our fundraising page.

Paul Hittie

OK friends, we are in the final week of our fundraising efforts - thank you to all of you that have already donated to the MS Society on behalf of Hittie's Crawlers.  However, time to lay the guilt trip on all of you - my parents have been working the phones and sending snail mail to friends and family that do not do "new" media.  Dad called yesterday to let me know he would be delivering checks (those same friends and family eschew e-payments too!) to me this weekend to take to MN, and they are kicking my butt!  Any donations, big or small, go to help fight  a good cause.

Quote from: Paul Hittie on March 07, 2016, 04:06:53 PM
Jonathon and I (Hittie's Crawlers") are making our plans to head back to The Iron Range OHV Park in Gilbert MN in July (unfortunately the same weekend as the club's Silver Lake trip) for Crawl 4 the Cure 2016 - a fundraiser for multiple sclerosis.  For those that do not know about MS, it strikes primarily between ages 20 and 40, more women than men, and more people are diagnosed in colder climates than warm.  There is no known cure, only treatments to manage symptoms, and some types of MS are resistant to management.  Every MS patient is different, most cannot be identified in a crowd because the symptoms are internal, but there are an estimated 400,000 patients in the US alone.

To learn more about our efforts or to make a donation  please go to:

If you have nothing better to do the 3rd weekend in July and want to tag along, let me know and I can send you more information.

Paul Hittie

Thank You!!

With the help from the club and many of you individually we beat our fundraising goal of $2,000.00 - we will be delivering $2,227.78 to the MS Society in total!!

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

LPM606