New Main Page!

Started by TechJeeper, October 06, 2008, 01:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechJeeper

I am working on a new main page for our site, something to spice it up a bit.  I am teaching myself flash, and want to convert it to a flash page.  I havnt worked on it much and I know the menu bar to the left looks out of place, but I finished the main pic and a beta of the banner....  I think in this age everyone has flash on their computer so it shouldnt be a problem...

It will also scale a bit better than before once completed.  

Whatcha think?  

http://www.whatliesbeyond.org

P.S. If it sucks, tell me!!!  I am using this to teach myself flash, it isnt as easy as I thought. lol. Never thought I would use a "For Dummies" book.

Nosilla

not to bad Cody

GOT ROCKS

Looks pretty good so far.

I like it.  Always have to keep up with the times.

Good job.
RHINO ZJ:
//http://www.rhinozj.com
I <3 my Bacon Pockets!

Mudviper

Looks good, but looks like you are missing some members on the pictures

TechJeeper

ATTN MEMBERS:

If you would like a picture on our main page, please email the picture to caffeinegamer (at) gmail (dot) com.  Also, if you want a section in the members rigs on the site, please include specs with your pics.

Thanks,
Cody

Yager

Looks good. I'll get some pics and specs for your rigs page, but I'll stay off the opening page, don't feel like I've earned it yet.  :mrgreen:
04 Cherokee Laredo, 95 Wrangler S
mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com\">mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com

longarm

I sent ya an e-mail Cody with a couple of pics.  Thanks for all the hard work your doing on the site.  It looks great!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

Paul Hittie

I like the concept, but all those moving swimming pictures makes my head spin!
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

dbikers

Quote from: "phittie1100"I like the concept, but all those moving swimming pictures makes my head spin!
u think your head is swimming now?  wait until march!!! ::ouch::
Be careful about reading health books.  You may die of a misprint.
             -- Mark Twain

jeepfan1974

hey cody you suck   ::poke::  ::poke::       :D    but the main page looks cool   :mrgreen:
Let\'s go wheeling!

Herezja

pretty sexy!   ::woot::

TechJeeper

got the menu figured out, that was a headach, lol.  I am going to work on updating the members next.

Mudviper

Not liking the new main page at the moment. Getting a little to flashy for my taste. My pop blocker doesn't like it either. It treats the menus as pop ups and blocks them. I like the picture part, but not to fond of the menu part.

TechJeeper

yea i have noticed that some ad blockers block the flash stuff...  I will pry change things back, right now I am just learning and using the site as my own Guinna pig, sorry :-P.  I will keep the main pic flash though because its easy to add members and you can click the jeep and it takes you to the members bio!

nobodycares

I like it for the main part with the selecting the jeep to get to the members but I dont like the menu, but it sounds like you will be reverting back to the original way when your done experimenting.  I'm not sure if just me but It opens a new window now when I select from the menu and I know it didnt do that before.  Is that your intent?