Wagon Wheels Spray Fest

Started by Yager, May 28, 2008, 10:05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yager

So. I got those white wagon wheels from Nick I think. Anyway, I thought, well hell, let's put those on my XJ over the weekend. They've got grabber at's in 31 on them, so it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I spent the better part of four days scraping, sanding grinding and murdering my knuckles on the rust and old paint, but by Monday morning I had them cleaned up, painted black and looking alright. It's not like a factory powder coat but they're black and the paint stays on.

My wife was coming home that evening and I wanted to surprise her with the new tires. So, I got the old ones off, and rolled over one of the newly painted wagon wheels. If nick's reading this he's already shaking his head. Then I realized, those are a 5 on 5.5 bp... they don't fit..

Weekend wasted, no tires on chopped up cherokee. Moral of the story? Measure crap before you put four days of work into it.
04 Cherokee Laredo, 95 Wrangler S
mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com\">mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com

Paul Hittie

[homer simpson voice]

D'Oh!!

[homer simpson voice]
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

TechJeeper

so... you wanna sell them? :-P

Yager

Yeah. I can sell them. Like I said, they're black, they don't look like powder coat or anything super nice like that, but they're trail worthy. What do you have that takes a 5.5 bp?

ouchman

Quote from: "Yager"Yeah. I can sell them. Like I said, they're black, they don't look like powder coat or anything super nice like that, but they're trail worthy. What do you have that takes a 5.5 bp?

hehehe...nothing
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

COF radio http:// 216.59.4.130:8014/listen.pls  http://xat.com/chat/room/85630064/

Yager

Thanks for getting my hopes up!  ::trout:: I'd have to figure out how to get my tires off anyway.

nick_n_ii

That was the one thing I said about 10 time that they were 5 on 5.5 bolt circle.  Sorry about all your time in them...... ::ouch::
"Lead me not into temptation, Oh hell follow me I know a short cut.."

Yager

Oh, I know. Infact, after I finished and they didn't fit, I remembered you telling the that. It was just a brain fart. No worries.