Ham radio training

Started by Paul Hittie, November 02, 2016, 02:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hittie

I reached out to the Genesee county amateur radio club, and their related organization MSCG (Michigan Specialized Communications Group), to see if I could talk someone into coming out to one of our meetings or events to give us some hands-on training with our Ham radios.  I still have not been able to set that up, but several folks suggested to me that those in or close to Genesee County should consider participating in one one of the regular Net traffic nights hosted by the group.  It is a good opportunity to listen and/or participate on the net and learn protocols and best practices in a very low-key environment.

Please join us tonight for the Wednesday Night Traffic & Training Net!
Wednesday Evenings, 8:00PM   
147.26 MSCG "James Hainer" Repeater +600 Split 100Hz PL.
This net exists to:
Provide a place to share announcements relating to the ARPSC and the general amateur radio community.
Be an access point to the National Traffic System (NTS).
Provide net control training and experience.
Be a platform that encourages hands-on experiences.
Encourage the newcomer to learn more about Amateur Radio.
Be a platform to discuss technical information.
Re-assure the newcomer that the net exists especially for them as well as the long-time veterans of Amateur Radio.
Welcome diverse topics that encourage productive discussions among its members.

In summary a net should encourage and inform!
The Net is a general discussion and training net available to all radio amateurs. There are also opportunities for announcements and passing NTS traffic.

You can join us on the 147.26+ (100hz for direct access to the repeater or 88.5hz for the HT remotes). You can also connect via Echolink by searching for "KC8KGZ-R".

Don't have time to participate for the entire net? Here's some options that still allow you to show your support for the net.

Short-time check-in - This tells the net control station (NCS) that you only have a few minutes and they will ask you for your comments at the beginning understanding that you can't stay for the entire net
In and Out check-in - This tells the net control station (NCS) that you're just checking into the net to get on the roster, but you won't be sticking around to make any comments.

Net Manager,
Doug, WB8DLN
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

StingRay66

Thanks Paul I might be there tonight not sure if I can connect from my house though.
Russ

No God ....................No Peace

Know God ................Know Peace