Bad Shock

Started by StingRay66, July 08, 2013, 09:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StingRay66

I had trouble with "Death Wobble" on my way to Ortonville last Sat. and after some discussion with Paul H. and Fred ( a guy I know from work) I figured I had bad shocks and steering dampener and after an inspection I do have a bad right front shock. I called "SkyJacker" today and they are lifetime shocks so I am in the process of getting a new one I hope it comes in time for SLSD. I have to get it through Dick Scott Chrysler where I bought the jeep [they installed them]so I will have to drive to Fowlerville to get it but that's cheaper than buying one at about $38 plus shipping
Russ

No God ....................No Peace

Know God ................Know Peace

J's Jeep

Good luck with that.  I had heard that a multitude of things can cause the death wobble, but those were all on XJs.

StingRay66

There is a post on FB that shows a chalk board full of math equations with the title under the pic that says "and that is how you fix Death Wobble"
Russ

J's Jeep

I just saw that post...crazy!

gogolen

Good luck with the DW, hope the new shock fixes it for you. 

StingRay66

Well got the new shock installed last Thurs, I had them install it so I could get "free" front-end inspection! I should have saved the $45 cause the mechanic basically just said I needed everything replaced, or about $1100 in work, yea right. But on the short end it drives a lot better with just the one shock replaced. No more dipping and diving and zigging and zagging when drive down the road. Yeah
Russ