Fly fishing

Started by gogolen, March 24, 2014, 04:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gogolen

Anyone here fly fish?  I want to learn how this summer.

LPM606

Did a little in my teens - definitely not up for instructor status...  At the Meeting I was at a few weeks back, the trail coordinator for the UP told me there are a couple blue ribbon trout streams only accessible via the ORV Routes up along the Wisconsin border... if you pick it up, maybe we could finally do our UP wheeling trip and break in your fly rod!

gogolen

I was going to see if you'd be up for a U.P. trip this summer.  I went to the upper Tahquamenon falls Saturday and they've got a brewery there.

Yellow TJ

Is that why the water is brown? Get a fly rod and put a split shot weight on it and practice in the yard. Then move up to a popper and fish in a pond for bluegills it's a blast, then move to a river.

J's Jeep

I fish a lot and am always looking to go on fishing trips but I have never taken on fly fishing.

Yellow TJ

There's a technique to it, I'm just happy when I don't snag my ear on a cast! Dakota wants to learn also, guess I'll have to get my reel fixed.

Paul Hittie

I think the line from "Days of Thunder" sums up the visual you get when I get my fly rod out.

"You guys look like two monkeys trying to f&%# a football!"

I have practiced in the yard, but have yet to swing my pole at a body of water.  I have taken it along a couple of times, but never got the courage to wet a line.  Someday.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance