Pig Gig 2007

Started by longarm, August 23, 2007, 08:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longarm

I was wondering who else was planning on attending the Pig Gig next month?  I finally got aproval from the War Counsil last night to purchase tickets Friday.  I think she may have been fearful of a mutiny.   :lol: I would like to know who plans on going and tenting it as I talked to Marv (Grandman) and got us a family friendly spot far away enough from the adult party, close enough to the potra-potty's, and not too far from the party that you can't stumble to your tent.   :lol:  Thats as long as we get there early enough.  Were heading up Friday afternoon.  If anyone else is going I'd like to know so I can try and aquire the appropriate spots so we can camp as a club.  After all, I think we are the tighest knit Jeep Club that I have seen thus far.  

For those that don't know or have never been, it's Sept. 15th 2007 in West Branch.  It costs $18.00 per person over 16 years of age (under 16 free) and $25.00 after Labor Day.  That includes a breakfast and dinner.  Everyone camps out in tents or RV's.  It's a great time to be had by all.  Saturday is spent wheeling ALL DAY.  Lot's of cool places to wheel and there will be experianced trail guides at no cost that know the local areas.  I've included a link to everything you need to know about Pig Gig.  

//www.swampstompers.com/piggig/index.shtml

//www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=48077
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

astrogiblet

Hmm.. Did Marv say your "family friendly" spot could be used by RV's/trailers too? I'm kinda afraid of public use (especially DRUNKEN public use) porta-johns, and luckily my 5th wheel has a "john" of its own built into it. Haha.

-Brandon

94_xj_country

im still trying to work out the funds, but i beleive i will be attending
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

longarm

Quote from: "astrogiblet"Hmm.. Did Marv say your "family friendly" spot could be used by RV's/trailers too? I'm kinda afraid of public use (especially DRUNKEN public use) porta-johns, and luckily my 5th wheel has a "john" of its own built into it. Haha.
-Brandon

The family friendly area is tents only from my understanding.  There is a seperate area for RV's and Trailers in the big field.  Why are you afraid of the porta-pottys.   :?   My eight year old little girl and my nine year old little boy used them all weekend last year with no problems.   :lol:
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

94_xj_country

oh mitch officer schell (or however you say it) says hello
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

longarm

Quote from: "94_xj_country"oh mitch officer schell (or however you say it) says hello

:lol: Tell Joe I said "Hello."  I rarley see him nowadays.

longarm

We had a change of plans.  Were still going but we won't arrive until early Saturday morning around 8 am or so.  Were not tenting it either.  Were roughing it at the Quality Inn about 2 miles away from Marv's on Saturday night.  Can't beat the Government rate.   :mrgreen:   If anyone is heading up early Saturday morning, let me know, we can caravan.

Paul Hittie

I am not sure if we are going for the weekend, or if it is just me on Saturday.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Anonymous

Quote from: "longarm"Can't beat the Government rate.  

*cough*  wedge  *cough*

longarm

What, thats not just for me.  My mother-in-law who works for the Dept. of the Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs can get the same rate.  So can military, anyone with a Gov. ID.  Theres no wedge there.  I wouldn't post it if I thought it would drive a "wedge".  PLUS, I don't have to flash a badge to get a gov rate BTW.  I'm a lifetime member of Disabled American Veterans which qualifies as a Gov type rate.   I earned that.   :lol:   Anything else?   :mrgreen:  I was being sarcastic BTW about the Government rate as it's not much of a discount.  The lady asked if I had AAA as it is a better rate than a Gov rate.  I don't have AAA.

Anonymous

Take a MIDOL  sheesh

longarm

Quote from: "Harley"Take a MIDOL  sheesh

:mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen: