Wiper arm catastrophy..

Started by Boraien, February 12, 2010, 03:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boraien

So I'm not sure but fairly certain my CJ has its original arms and i do not have a stationary windshield...one of the arms was soooooooooo sloppy it didn't touch the window...i stopped into autozone and picked up a new arm but the guy said it was only for a stationary windshield..it looked identical to the one i have so i bought it anyways...i put it on and it seemed to work but then it tipped to the drivers side and just stopped...so i figured i must have put it on at the wrong angle...i pulled it back off...what a bear...and positioned the one blade that was left straight up and down..put it back on and the same thing happened....so i pulled it back off.....again....but it broke this time so i gutted it for its springs and put those in my old arm and put the old one back on and it works perfect...is this some sort of weight issue? and if so does that mean i have to order arms if i ever need them again or will it just be cheaper for me to buy new and gut them?

jeepfan1974

ok early jeep cjs had windshields that tilted out at the bottom for ventilation in side the cab like the cj3b they would be considered non stationary your would not the guys at the auto parts chains are retarded when it comes to well anything  but jeeps especially    welcome to the fun of jeeping and hope to see you at the next meeting
Let\'s go wheeling!