Broken Shock Mount- Need help!

Started by Dreadnought_JKU, September 06, 2017, 07:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreadnought_JKU

Howdy, I just moved to Flint from Texas and have started the build on my '17 JKU.

I installed a Rough Country Series II 2.5" Spacer lift on it the other day and driving home this evening I noticed(and heard) my passenger-side lower shock riser snap off. The shock was just hanging... Because I just moved here, I have limited resources at my disposal as they are currently in moving boxes :'(. I contacted a 4x4 shop in Fenton and who is going to do an inspection of the lift components but that won't happen until the weekend and I still have to drive it there. If there's anyone who is willing to come by and help me reassemble this lift(I have the replacement parts, just not the tools), DM me and I'll give you my address. Until then, the Jeep will remain in the driveway.

Please and Thank You,

Ryan

LPM606

I am sure you found Unlimited Offroad Center in Fenton.  The owner, Adam Shoemaker is a great guy and he has a shop that can do anything you need done, I'm sure.  I am not the best mechanic in the group but I have basic tools in the Jeep and could swing by after work tomorrow if you are still looking for a hand.  Give me a call at 734-620-6637.  This is Ed Schroeder, I'm the club President. 

Ken

Just take the shock off and you can drive it to get repaired, just take it ez.  Isn't there a supposed to be a bolt going through the old original shock bracket and going through the new bracket to hold it on?  I have the same shock bracket on mine.  Just take the small bolt out of the stock bracket,  put the large bolt in that holds the two together, it is the same size bolt as the lower shock bolt, then put the small bolt in with a larger washer under it to hold the where it came apart.  Now tighten both bolts.  Check the other side to make sure you have the large bolt in!  Looks like the large bolt was never put in.

You can call me at 989-600-7765
Ken

2014 Copper Head Jeep JK Willys Wheeler with 3 inch lift, Front E-locker, Rear Limited Slip.
Warn Wench and Bumpers. 315 tires.

Dreadnought_JKU

Thanks for the help guys, I dropped it off at unlimited yesterday and they're going to give it an inspection, checking torques and all that. I couldn't leave without ordering new wheels and tires though(-;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk