Go Topless Day 2012 - May 19th, 2012

Started by LPM606, March 27, 2012, 07:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LPM606

For the second year in a row, What Lies Beyond has our trail maintenance weekend scheduled on the date of "International Go Topless Day" as declared by AllthingsJeep.com.  The folks at ATJ have been excellent partners over the years in helping us to "celebrate Jeep love, Jeep spirit, and the sense of fun & adventure that comes with owning a Jeep" and they can be found here: http://www.allthingsjeep.com/ This year, weather permitting, we will have the tops down as we work hard all day clearing the Trails in Atltanta, Michigan for a new season of wheeling for all OHV's to enjoy.  Of course, those that work hard get to play hard, so we will be finishing the day with a club sponsored cook-out back at Clear Lake State Campground.  Rates look to be about $19.00/night and reservations can be made through michigan.gov/dnr although that early in the season it is usually wide open.  We can use this thread to post up details as far as start times, meeting places, etc. as we get nearer to the date!

GonetoTheSnowDogs

Very excited!!  My husband and I are only about an hour away from Atlanta, and we would LOVE to come join and help clear trails and do the ride with you guys!  We did a Topless Trail ride in 2010 in Atlanta.  Had a blast!

Are any of you guys heading to the Blessing in Mesick on May 5th?  We will be there too!!

LPM606

At least a couple of us are going to be at the blessing.  If you stop by the Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association booth you might find me (Ed) Look for the safety orange t-shirt with the WLB logo on the back. (Or if it is Chilly, Black hoodie with WLB logo) We will definitely have to try to meet up there! Are you bringing the dogs? I would love to see them...

LPM606

Are you still planning on joining us, gonetothesnowdogs? We are finalizing plans but I just realized the thread is on the members only side of the forums.  We are camping at Clear Lake State Park.  Some members are coming up Friday night but most are driving up saturday morning.  We have not finalized the meeting time, but I am guessing either 9 or 10 am saturday morning at the parking lot at the trailhead in Atlanta... Go topless Cookout back at the campground whenever we finish for the day - probably around 6-7.

naypalm

Looking forward to this years Go topless Day BBQ! Here is the map of the clear lake campground, we will be near Site # 2, the mini cabin.

GonetoTheSnowDogs

We are planning on showing up!!  As long as everything goes well tonight and tomorrow.  We should be there.  :)

gogolen

Awesome, looking forward to meeting you. 

GonetoTheSnowDogs

Well if you can't tell. . . we didn't make it.  We got ready to head out with our buddy Jon, and he had issues with his Jeep.  We finally hit the road at about 11am (after an oil change, and some other tweaking), and we decided to hit a few back trails on the way over. . . . I tell you. . our friend Jon has the worse luck in the world.  He snagged a big branch that flipped up under his Jeep and actually snagged and broke his gas line!  Thankfully, his Jeep immediately stalled.  It took us about an hour to get it running again since we had to run into town for parts (if only we would have had the right sized hose clamps!)

Eventually we made it near Atlanta.  It was around 3pm.  Sorry we missed meeting up with you guys!

LPM606

After a hard day of work on the trails, I really enjoyed the club sponsored cook-out saturday night.  Good food, good people, good times... That's what its all about.  Sorry the Payne's had to scoot out - you were missed!  Anyway, thanks all for a great club outing...