Got The Jeep Detailed This Weekend

Started by Herezja, June 29, 2009, 08:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herezja

Cost me $120, but at least all the dust from Africa is out of all the cracks and crevaces! It really does look 120% better than it did before. Heck...I can even tell the top is black now (as opposed to that redish-clay color from all the dirt!)

Of course...I spent all that money and they are calling for rain all week....figures.  :roll:

longarm

::trout::  You wasted your money, imo.  When you go to a shop, it only takes 2-3 hours or so.  I have seen some of the local places and the methods/products they use.  I used to do this type of work.  I am not looking for money, I would have tought you how to do it.  You could have made a donation for the materials is all.  I have told everybody, we can do it here.  I'll save ya the $$.  Just for future reference.   :mrgreen:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

Herezja

Quote from: "longarm"::trout::  You wasted your money, imo.  When you go to a shop, it only takes 2-3 hours or so.  I have seen some of the local places and the methods/products they use.  I used to do this type of work.  I am not looking for money, I would have tought you how to do it.  You could have made a donation for the materials is all.  I have told everybody, we can do it here.  I'll save ya the $$.  Just for future reference.   :mrgreen:

Good to know!!  ::woot::

The only reason I had it done was because I honestly didn't think I could tackle it. The Jeep was so bad that I literally told the guy..."just do what you can with it. I just need it to the point that I can deal with it". Seriously...it was absolutely disgusting after a boat trip to Brazil, 2 years in Brazil, a boat trip to Rwanda, 2 years in Rwanda, and then another boat trip to Michigan. It was foul and defintely more than 2-3 hours worth of work. I think he ended up taking 5+ hours on it. :shock:

longarm

Na,, the hardest part is the prep work.  Jeeps are easy.  Strip the top with some Best Top cleaner amd a pressure washer.  Bring it back to life and condition it with their conditioner.  The tub is easy.  We could clay bar it.  Thats the hardest part if your not to worried about the swirls in the paint.  If your not worried about the swirls, then it's a piece of cake.  The sealant that I use is insaine.  It's not stuff you can just go p/u at Murrays or Autozone.  If layered and cured properly, you can wheel through the mysterious "Mounds Mud" and even that stuff will bead off.  Just ask Phittie, he was always teasing me about mud beading off my hood.   :mrgreen:   Branches even glide off the paint where there should be scratches.  PLUS, this stuff will last just over a year on the paint IF you don't use any harsh washing detergents.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

Herezja

Quote from: "longarm"Na,, the hardest part is the prep work.  Jeeps are easy.  Strip the top with some Best Top cleaner amd a pressure washer.  Bring it back to life and condition it with their conditioner.  The tub is easy.  We could clay bar it.  Thats the hardest part if your not to worried about the swirls in the paint.  If your not worried about the swirls, then it's a piece of cake.  The sealant that I use is insaine.  It's not stuff you can just go p/u at Murrays or Autozone.  If layered and cured properly, you can wheel through the mysterious "Mounds Mud" and even that stuff will bead off.  Just ask Phittie, he was always teasing me about mud beading off my hood.   :mrgreen:   Branches even glide off the paint where there should be scratches.  PLUS, this stuff will last just over a year on the paint IF you don't use any harsh washing detergents.

Sold!