skid plates

Started by Paul Hittie, August 07, 2009, 05:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hittie

I am heading to rocks and valleys next weekend, and after talking to Jason at UORC I think I really need to get my skid plates installed - they don't do me much good sitting in the garage.  Anybody want to come by Sunday and lend a hand?  I have plenty of leftover adult beverages from Jonathon's birthday party... ::trout:: .
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

LPM606

Paul-

Glad to help as much as my limited wrenching abilities will allow. I figure if nothing else, i'm an extra set of hands to hold skid plates in place...

Anytime After Chruch would work for me.  10:30 or 11:00?  Let me know!

Ed

PS - you have me worried... Are we in trouble with no rock rails on the JK going to R&V's?

Paul Hittie

It's supposed to be hot Sunday - I read your PM, bring Gabrielle and tell her to bring a towel.

4x4x4JK

I will be at the Tigers game baking.

TechJeeper

Sunday if your still workin after 5 I will swing by.

longarm

What time are we talking?  We have church in the morning.  I think I can get loaned out to you for a little bit.  It's our anniversary, but I think thats later in the evening.   :lol:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

Paul Hittie

Out with the bad....you will notice the distinct customization in the upper right corner

And in with the good...

Unfortunately, it seems like every time I am underneath it, I find more damage.  A couple of weeks ago when I had it over at UORC for a pinion seal and some other minor stuff Jason and I were looking at the back end trying to figure out what was crooked.  The dings in my gas tank skid turned out to be a pretty mangled gas tank skid, even looks like the rear cross member is twisted.  Today Ed and I noticed that my right front lower control arm is no longer in the OEM shape and configuration.  I need to stay out of the rocks....or get some more heavy duty stuff underneath.  This new skid is a pig, 3/16" minimum plus some reinforcements as well.  Went in smoothly, thanks for the help Ed.  Cody tried to slide by after the work was done to score free beer, but we were on to his plan!

longarm

Sorry Pual that I wasn't able to make it.  She had other plans for me.  That's a good skidplate.  I have been running that same one since I got my Jeep.  You said something about rocks.  How many times have you been on the rocks?  And more importantly, does Deb know about that?   :o    :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

Paul Hittie

It's mine now, I don't have to ask permission any more  :D

I have made about 1/2 dozen trips to the Mounds, including some play time on the little "taste of phase 2" pile of rocks.  I also spent an hour or more trying (with a spotter) to find a line through the rocks on the Sundowners property.  The rocks in NH were mostly big and round, I don't recall hitting anything teeth-jarring there, and we didn't really play much in the rocks at the Badlands a couple of summers ago - after I struggled through the first couple of obstacles (in 2wd!) she wouldn't let me go any further in "her" Jeep.