I'm getting another Jeep!

Started by longarm, March 05, 2011, 07:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ouchman

Ok, page 2? Pics or it didnt happen........just saying  ::poke::
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

COF radio http:// 216.59.4.130:8014/listen.pls  http://xat.com/chat/room/85630064/

jeepfan1974

Quote from: "ouchman"Ok, page 2? Pics or it didnt happen........just saying  ::poke::
yeah he's got a fancy camera and everything
Let\'s go wheeling!

longarm

This is it for now.  I just rolled it out of the back garage yesterday after wheeling it out and seal-coating it.  The next step is getting it up in the air somehow and painting the bottom with POR-15 and Dupi-Color Truck Bed Coating so it won't rust on the bottom.  Once I work out all the gremlins, it will be very nice.  I just got some club stickers tonight for the side windows.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

whalendm

nice xj   8-)

longarm

OK, I had it on a hoist yesterday and decided to POR-15 the undercarriage.   I took precautions and wore a zip-up painters suite from Harbor Freight.  Ok, note to self:  Self,  next time get 2 sizes up and use duck tape to tape your sleeves down so they won't ride up to your elbows.  When POR-15's website states that if you let it dry on your skin, your wearing it for a few days until your skin naturally lets it fall off, they are 100% accurate.  They state to not attempt removing it as there is nothing that will take it off.  Again, they are 100% accurate.  My arms have black splotches all over them.  On a positive note, my undercarriage looks great!  ::gay::  I got to it when there was very minimal rust and I wire brushed all the rust off the inside lower part of the doors.
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

NewRide

POR 15 is great stuff !!! Their instructions are very truthful as well LOL . Took me just over a week to get it off my hands LOL . This stuff works great !! It also settles better than chassis saver , no brush marks or anything .
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

longarm

Glad to hear it only took a week.  That gives me hope.   ::woot::   it's slowly starting to peel off my skin now and it's been 4 days now.  I can see a week - 10 days before I'm back to normal coloring again.  :mrgreen: My only negative with this stuff is that I did the axles and then only gave it about 45 minutes before driving home.  It was only about 10 miles from my house where I painted it on at.  The problem was that it was raining on my way home.  I sure as heck hope this stuff adhered properly.  I put it in the back garage with the heat on to help the drying and curing process.  The actual uni-body & frame that I painted had about 3 hours dry time and was dry when I left.  I understand that it takes at-least 24 hours to properly cure.  It sat in my garage at about 70 degrees all night.  Next I'm going to do the lower half of the doors and then spray bed-liner over top of it.  With clean lines, it will should look nice.  I want to slow the rust process for as long as possible.  It was clean and virtually rust free when I got it.  I want it to stay that way.

NewRide

From what I understand moisture actually helps its cure and harden. Not sure if driving in the rain helps it LOL .
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)