duplicolor truck bedliner

Started by jeepfan1974, May 13, 2009, 11:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeepfan1974

i just wanted to let everyone know how tough the stuff is     i took mitch's fenders home to take care of the rust and  i took a wire wheel to them it only scuffed them     i then took a pressure pod sand blaster to them and sandblasted for 3 hours and only got half done also went through 80 lbs of silica sand in the process  that is just crazy   i can do a whole jeep in like 5 hours
Let\'s go wheeling!

4x4x4JK

Did he use duplicolor or have it line x'd?

Nosilla

many layers of Duplicolor

naypalm

Duplicolor is da bomb @ 7$ a can! Shoot ive been useing the 1 can ive had to do touchups and its still got some left after a year and a half

longarm

Quote from: "4x4x4JK"Did he use duplicolor or have it line x'd?

I'm pretty much done with Line-X.  I am sold on Dupi-Color.  I can do the touch ups myself.  I think there was a total of about 4 coats or so on them.  This time I'll get it primed real good and recoat it again so rust will be a non-issue.  Thanks again Paul.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

Herezja

Dupli-Color rocks!!! I used it to do the interior of my '77 CJ5 when I was restoring it. The floor, rollbar, dashpad, shift levers....everything that I could get my hands on! There is A LOT of prep...but as long as you take your time and do it right the first time, the stuff will withstand a freight train!

Here's a picture of it when it was up for sale a few years back:

This is the best pic I have of the interior...you can really only see the dashpad and just a little of the passenger side floor, unfortunately: