Finally!

Started by astrogiblet, September 06, 2007, 05:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astrogiblet

Dealership just called. I dropped my Jeep there about two hours ago.

They said I need a new transmission! w00t!

They said they found water in it, but he wasn't going to tell the warranty company that, and hopefully they will cover it.

He said I need a reman'd tranny, new torque converter, some kind of o-ring, and he listed out about 10 other things.. including tranny cooling lines.. maybe I'll get new ones with the new tranny.

He said the total cost was about $3200, and he's gonna call the warranty company and call me back.

Finally!

-Brandon

Nosilla

Congrats Brandon. Hope they finally get it fixed for you. Then we can get those 4"springs put on that you bought and some big bad 33's.

astrogiblet

Uh.. the ones I sold to cody last night so I could make a car payment? yea.. about that.. :D

Gotta wait till I get some debts payed off, then I'm gonna buy springs again, then we can talk.

-Brandon

Paul Hittie

While they have the tranny out see if they can extend the vent line.  Simple fix if I remember what DT said.  Just a hose, hole in the bell housing and some sealant.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Nosilla

Quote from: "phittie1100"While they have the tranny out see if they can extend the vent line.  Simple fix if I remember what DT said.  Just a hose, hole in the bell housing and some sealant.

X2 thats a must do to keep water out of it. If they can't just don't go swimming untill you get it done the right way.

astrogiblet

Yea, I fully planned on doing that if the warranty goes through. I dont care if I have to pay them a couple hundred to do the job while its out.

-Brandon

astrogiblet

Uh... The fun never ends. I feel like I just got bent over... and.... well you get the idea.

GVD called the warranty company, and they told GVD that at max, even if my repairs cost $10000, that they will only pay $1500, and after they pay that my Warranty is immediately void.

I payed $1000 for the warranty. Whats the point of paying a grand for a $500 loan?

So, needless to say, everybody is quite pisses. One of the guys at the dealership (who's become a friend, to say the least) said he told the warranty guys that thats bullshit while on the phone with them haha!

So my dads going over every square inch of the paper work, and getting a good case built up, we are gonna call the warranty company, read them the riot act, and if all else fails we have a very good attorney, as well as a  few other connections for this type of affair.

QuoteWell I was at the dealership today, I got a list of everything they needed to replace, some of which I thought was kinda.. unnecessary?

-Reman Trans and T. (I think this says T. Cord? Its definitely not T. Case). $1658.33
-Both cooler lines complete $43.25 and 95.25 (I'm pretty sure these are not leaking anymore)
-Dip Stick Tube and Dip Stick Tube O-Ring $14.85 and $2.70
-Transfer Case Attaching Studs $12.60
-Transfer Case Attaching Nuts $12.00
-2 Gallons ATF $60
-Various fittings $42.40
-Various clips $6.00

looks like after that they listed time estimates to replace these things:

-Replace Trans and T. (cond? Coad? Coav?) 9.1 hours
-Replace both cooler lines 2 hours
-Flush and flow cooler 1 hour

"May have additions - Broken-Seized Bolts due to Age+mileage+condition of vehicle"

Total Estimate: $3200

-Brandon

Nosilla

Stay on them Brandon. That is total BS if you ask me. Maybe tell the warrenty company to just refund your 1000.00 then and use that to switch over to a stick instead.

astrogiblet

Quote from: "Nosilla"Stay on them Brandon. That is total BS if you ask me. Maybe tell the warrenty company to just refund your 1000.00 then and use that to switch over to a stick instead.

Thats my backup plan. Use $500 to switch over to stick, and use the other $500 to pay off some debts... would be MUCH better in the long run.

-Brandon

Nosilla

Might cost you a bit more tha 500 to do the swap. Depends on how good of a deal you get on a ax-5 and pedal setup. Hope you have learned to drive a stick better than at the badlands though. you will burn up a clutch fast on the street.

jeepfan1974

freemans will sell ya the whole thing prob. real cheap i bet you could get it for 350 to 400 $ pedels and all they dont know they have it though you gotta go find it but its there
Let\'s go wheeling!

astrogiblet

Paul said he had a pedal setup..

And I'm not that bad with stick on the streets.. its a different world offroad though. :)

Forgot to mention, the warranty company won't cover even $1500 unless they can have an inspector of their own come out and inspect the tranny.. which is currently flooded with water.. which they would probably say would void the warranty.

Question.. What if I flushed and filled the tranny? Wouldn't that get all the water out, or has the water done some kind of damage to the tranny that is irreversible?

-Brandon