What did you do to your JEEP today?

Started by dbikers, September 16, 2007, 05:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longarm

From my understanding, after awhile of that 33" spare on the back it will eventually rip the sheet metal of the tailgate and come right of due to the weight.  I know these guys at //www.jpfaboffroad.com/ who would be able to whip something up for ya though.  The prices are real good too.    ::woot::  :mrgreen:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

Paul Hittie

It's only a 33x10.50 AT on an alloy rim, so not too much more weight than a stock steel rim and 29" tire.  Besides, my tailgate is already busted from that tree that jumped out into the trail last year near Muskegon.  

I got a price quote from the guys at JPFab that was very attractive despite my very particular list of needs/wants/desires.  Unfortunately on the home front a bumper/tire carrier is in the wants/desires category, not "needs", so it isn't getting much traction.  Especially since I just invested a bunch in tools and supplies to start doing my own welding.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

jeepfan1974

measured it for a rear bumper
Let\'s go wheeling!

naypalm

I bought a Wilson 1000 CB antennae! I can talk to cody from my house now!!

longarm

I parked it outside yesterday in the rain to wash off the Vassar sand.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

astrogiblet

Washed a thick, green layer of Georgia pollen off the hood from it sitting for a week while we were gone.

-Brandon

jeepfan1974

replaced the dash with a cj5 dash oh and last week i changed the tailgate to a cj7 one  i'll post pics soon
Let\'s go wheeling!

94_xj_country

drove it home from silver lake
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

naypalm

Drove home from teh dunes! :D

Nosilla

Got mine muddy.

NewRide

Broke my shifter  :cry:
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

astrogiblet

I let mine sit in the driveway and get rained on the past couple days.. oh, with a steady stream of power steering fluid coming out of it too...

Anybody got a spare steering gear laying around I could buy off 'em?

-Brandon

nobodycares

I moved mine so I can get other stuff out of my garage.  couldnt run it long since I still havent got around to replacing my radiator.

jeepfan1974

did some rewiring and identified the engine block it is a 318 mid eighty's block
Let\'s go wheeling!

94_xj_country

drove it to the fireworks
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org