What are the laws about driving on the beach?

Started by astrogiblet, October 30, 2007, 11:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astrogiblet

Anybody know the laws about driving on the beach? I'm going up north this weekend with my family, and the place we stay every year is on the beach. I was hoping to drive along it if I could.. I've seen tons of tracks from four wheelers and dirt bikes along the beach every year, but wasn't sure if its legal to bring a vehicle out there. Not sure the laws here, only time I've ever seen it done was down in Florida.

-Brandon

Paul Hittie

Nope

You are allowed in a scramble area that is marked, on an ORV Route, or on anything that meets the definition of a forest road on state land.  The beach isn't any of the above.

Unrelated - that's why they closed Marble Head on DI - not in the ORV system, does not meet the definition of a forest road.  But there are some folks working to fix this as we speak.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

astrogiblet

Thanks for the info Paul. Thats a little sad to hear. :( I was kinda looking forward to doing it.. but whatever.

I'm gonna try to find some trails up there. I'm almost POSITIVE I've seen some before... even though theres not "technically" any state sanctioned trails up there...

-Brandon