WTT: Hard top for soft top!

Started by astrogiblet, January 14, 2008, 02:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astrogiblet

I'm moving down to Georgia this weekend for about 5 months, then moving from there to Orlando, Florida for 2 years. Having a hard top is not conducive to the weather they get in these areas... So.. I'm looking to trade my good condition hard top for a good condition soft top with door surrounds and all the parts to mount it to my Jeep.

My hard top is black, has rear defroster, and a brand new rear wiper (just changed it last week) with rear sprayer. The paint is slightly faded, but thats easily fixed (a friend and I used some Maguires on it and the paint turned black like new for about a month). The wiring is all there, and in good condition. As far as I am aware, this is a factory hard top (off my 98 TJ).. I've never had any issues with it, no leaks or anything. Glass is good on all three windows (and very clear). A foam piece is glued to the hard top between the hard top and the middle roll cage bar in case you don't have roll bar padding there, so it doesn't cling against the metal.

Soft top's color doesn't matter as my Jeep is black.. I want one in just as good of condition as my hard top (no holes, patches, etc). I need all mounting brackets, hardware, and door surrounds.

I'm located near Flint, MI, but I can travel most anywhere in MI and most places along 75 between here and Tennessee to do this trade.

Thanks.

longarm

If your moving down that far south, just sell your hard top and get your tub LINE-X'd.  Then get a safari or Bikini top.  On the cold days, suck it up.  The heat down in southern Ga in in the 90's in mid May.  Have fun.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

TechJeeper

IM sent brandon.

astrogiblet

Sold!

Yager

Georgia man, especially norther GA, up by columbus can get pretty cold in the winter, down into the 30-40's. Just to give you a heads up.
04 Cherokee Laredo, 95 Wrangler S
mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com\">mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com

longarm

Quote from: "Yager"Georgia man, especially norther GA, up by columbus can get pretty cold in the winter, down into the 30-40's. Just to give you a heads up.

Ahhhh, good ol Columbus, Georgia.  Home to VD Drive.   :mrgreen:
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

Yager

QuoteAhhhh, good ol Columbus, Georgia. Home to VD Drive.

Only place in the world you can get a tattoo, a lap dance, pawn your buddies stuff, and buy a used car all on the same block.
04 Cherokee Laredo, 95 Wrangler S
mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com\">mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com

TechJeeper

Quote from: "Yager"

Only place in the world you can get a tattoo, a lap dance, pawn your buddies stuff, and buy a used car all on the same block.

look hard enough, i think its possible in Detroit, maybe even a tattoo-pawn-strip club-used car shop.  Brian, any sugestions  ::trout::

94_xj_country

Quote from: "Gr8archer"
Quote from: "Yager"

look hard enough, i think its possible in Detroit, maybe even a tattoo-pawn-strip club-used car shop.  Brian, any sugestions  ::trout::

you forgot about the hookers with adam's apple's
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

longarm

Quoteyou forgot about the hookers with adam's apple's

Thanks, now I will have nightmares.

astrogiblet

Quote from: "Yager"Georgia man, especially norther GA, up by columbus can get pretty cold in the winter, down into the 30-40's. Just to give you a heads up.

Yea. We've been told that this month is the coldest month for GA.

Its really weird weather though. Its been 60-70 during the day, and 20 at night with 10 degree wind chill.. It makes for some interesting heating and cooling situations. At night we have the heat on full, and during the day we have all the windows open and the fan off the air conditioner blowing through the trailer.. Today I *almost* turned the AC on... And right now (its 12:30am) its 20ish degree's out again.

-Brandon

longarm

Oooo, flashbacks.  I can remember for the first two weeks in Boot Camp on Ft. Benning, GA they would not turn on the heat.  It was second and third week of Jan. 95.