Sorry I haven't Been Around Much..

Started by astrogiblet, January 14, 2008, 03:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astrogiblet

So I received a few PM's about me not being around much.. I apologize. Things are getting crazy around here. The last few weeks things have been going downhill at my job. Last week, my regional manager decided to start an altercation with me, so I quit. Well, just so happens the following day my mom was leaving for South Carolina for a job interview.

We just got back from being in South Carolina/Georgia area for five days. My moms a business teacher and she found a position down there and they said they were interested in interviewing her. If you know anything about teachers theres about 0 jobs in the country for them right now.

Well, she got the job. Right now my moms on and off the phone gathering about 50 or so things that the state of South Carolina requires for her to get certified as a teacher there.

This Friday we are leaving, going back down there (pending she gets her certification or everything she needs to do so). We will be living in the Savannah, GA area for the next 5 months or so until the school year ends.. We aren't moving down there *yet*, and my mom and I will be living in our RV in Georgia while my dad stays here at his job and watches the house/pets.

Depending on how things go, I may either continue to live down there during the summer months, to watch our RV until my mom comes back for the next school year, or I may continue on to Orlando, Florida where the college I'm looking into is located.

Pretty big change, but I'm extremely happy. I've never seen so many available jobs in my life, as there are in the Savannah area. In fact, I already have one job lined up for when we go back down there, and about 400 other jobs I'm going to be applying for, haha.

So thats whats been up.. Theres a million other things going on right now that I could continue to ramble on about.. but its probably not necessary...

-Brandon

Nosilla

I wish you luck Brandon.

jeepfan1974

dang it know we need someone else to haze !
    no really good luck brandon find us some good wheeling spots down there
Let\'s go wheeling!

TechJeeper

good luck to ya man, might have to make some trips to visit ya.  whatever you do man, you better keep in touch with us.  Just cause your not local dont mean you cant post here.

astrogiblet

Thanks guys. :)

Internet connection is gonna be a little iffy for a while.. but we are gonna get a dedicated DSL connection... Might be a month or two but I'll definitely keep in touch with everyone.

As far as wheeling goes. The nearest official wheeling spot is about 3 hours away.. but everywhere I go I see lifted trucks and jeeps with mud tires and mud all over them.. so I'm thinking theres probably some local wheeling spots somewhere near me. Hopefully.

On the way down there there is some amazing seasonal roads and roads through the mountains. You can see them from the freeway about an hour or two north of me. Two of the winter roads, on either side of the freeway, look like they would be VERY difficult to get down even in good conditions.. and they have houses off of them!

But I'll be sure to post some pics and writeups if I do get to do any wheeling...

-Brandon

Anonymous

is it warm there?  If so, we'll come by for a visit :)

Best of luck--sounds like things are on the right track for your family.  Sucks you need to be split up, but that's how things go on occasion.

astrogiblet

When we were there it was 70-80 during the day and 50's at night. Very nice weather.

You can come by and visit anytime you want! Just remember to bring a tent or other camping device. :D The place we are camping at is DIRT cheap! My dad talked to the guy for like 45 minutes, and the guy is charging us $300 a month to stay there! Thats $10 a day!

-Brandon

longarm

Your going to love that area of Georgia.  I personally have never been to that part of Ga. before but I have heard great things.  I was in Colombus, which is a turd hole.  Get with Grifter for any questions about Savannah as he was stationed there.  He would be a wealth of info in that area.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

astrogiblet

Quote from: "longarm"I was in Colombus, which is a turn hole.

I've decided over the last few times I've been through Ohio, that Ohio is basically Michigan, with all the life and anything even mildly pleasurable sucked out of it.

I hate Ohio. Its so dreary and flat and boring.

-Brandon

naypalm

Naw, they took it all and put it in Cedar Point!

Paul Hittie

Sorry to hear life is going to take you out of town for a while, but sometimes you have to make a move like that to move forward in life.  And congratulations to your Mom on landing a job so quick.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

astrogiblet

Thanks. We are packing up right now about planning to leave around 5 tonight. Get a few hours in, probably make it to the southern end of Ohio before we pack it up for the night. Then drive the rest of the way there tomorrow.

-Brandon

ouchman

have a safe drive
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

COF radio http:// 216.59.4.130:8014/listen.pls  http://xat.com/chat/room/85630064/

Nosilla

Be safe Brandon.

Guess you don't want that shirt and sweatshirt that you ordered then.

astrogiblet

Well.. if you have someone else to give it to, then give it away.. otherwise wait a couple weeks till I get a job and a paycheck and I can pay for them then..

The shirt is included already in my club fee's.. so thats mine anyways. :)

-Brandon