Hummer HX Concept (To compete with Wrangler)

Started by astrogiblet, January 14, 2008, 03:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astrogiblet

Hummers new HX concept is directly aimed at "young people" in the Wrangler market..

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/08/detr ... x-concept/

I think its pretty freakin sweet.. but.. it is "different" looking so I'm not sure if everyones gonna like it or not.. Hope it comes out.

-Brandon

Mudviper

I'd buy it, but would probably cost more the my house...lol.

NewRide

I'd buy one !!  ::Jeep::  ::Jeep::
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

jeepfan1974

typical gm ripping off design ideas from better companies       my family is worked for them for 3 generations most of us drive non gm's dad retired from there after 30 + years     drives a dodge ram and a jeep grand cherokee
Let\'s go wheeling!

astrogiblet

They kinda ripped some ideas from the wrangler, but it was about time there was more cars with removable body parts...

There seems to be a TON of support for this vehicle.. I've read things about it everywhere. Lets hope thats enough to get it produced!

I guess there was a little bit of controversy because, supposedly, it takes design cues from the truck in the Halo video game series. Its *faintly*, at best, similar from what I see... but it was a little controversy, and GM had to release a statement saying they did not copy anything off the Halo truck, and that their 3 youngest designers (who designed the HX) got their inspiration from somewhere else (I forget what they said it was...).

-Brandon

Mudviper

Not sure if they are ripping off ideas or not myself mainly because the people who designed the hummer to begin with back in 87 or so, where the same people who where in designing the Jeep before Chysler took over AMC Jeep division. So if you think about it, the Hummer is part of the Jeep family.

rodolo

Ok if Jeep is discontinuing the half door starting with the JK, how does this hummer pass new government crash standards?  ::poke::

BTW I'd wheel this Hummer with no panels, It looks like a Baja runner. Jeep is going to loose big   ::ouch::

My 2cents

jeepfan1974

well we can look at like this   jeep will step it up a notch     like making something more like the hurracaine body style minus the extra hemi and the crazy steering
Let\'s go wheeling!

Paul Hittie

Quote from: "rodolo"Ok if Jeep is discontinuing the half door starting with the JK, how does this hummer pass new government crash standards?  ::poke::

My 2cents

Is this a plan for the future?  We had the option of ordering 1/2 doors on our 2008 JK.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

nick_n_ii

That Hummer is a 90% production vehicle.  All the removeable panels use a quick button release like the KTM dirt Bike side panels..

As for the first Hummer it was started being designed back in the 70's by AMC so who knows this might have been a look they had plained back than... ::poke::
"Lead me not into temptation, Oh hell follow me I know a short cut.."

longarm

I'd be afraid to get the inside dirty.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

jeepfan1974

lol you are allready  ::poke::
Let\'s go wheeling!

Mudviper

We are currently making prototype parts for the H4 where I work. This HX concept might not be far in the future