My uh.. jeep wont start

Started by Yager, April 18, 2008, 06:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yager

So.. It's not the battery, even though it reads twelve I tried jumping it, didn't work. I turn the key and it just makes one little quiet clicking sound. It's not turning, just goes 'click'. I tried putting it in neutral, pushing in the clutch, in case there was some bypass or something, but I've never had to do that before, so I doubt it randomly got one now.

New Starter?
04 Cherokee Laredo, 95 Wrangler S
mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com\">mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com

Mudviper

You can try and bypass the starter silinode to see if you have a starter problem

Yager

Don't know how to do that, but I can pull it and bring it to autozone and have them test it I suppose. Thanks, I hadn't considered having it tested. Brain fart I suppose.

Anonymous

I think steve hit that on on the head.  Sounds like the solenoid to me also.

TechJeeper

tap the starter while someone trys to turn it over.  if its the starter, see that guys at the Super Starter Shop on dort, they have been good to me and my starter that keeps getting killed by oil lol.

94_xj_country

Quote from: "Harley"I think steve hit that on on the head.  Sounds like the solenoid to me also.

x3
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

Yager

Thanks. I'll pull it tonight and get it bench tested at autozone. Dort Hwy is a little long for me drive for quality customer service, but thanks for the recommendation. If my jeep starter dies again at the mounds or a meeting I'll be sure to go there. ;)