I can't get my doors off.

Started by Yager, June 18, 2008, 08:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yager

I can't get my passenger hard door off, and I just traded for some half doors I want to install. I tried lifting it with a jack, and using penetrating oil, any words of wisdom? I havn't tried pounding a punch into the hole yet..
04 Cherokee Laredo, 95 Wrangler S
mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com\">mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com

NewRide

Give it a bit .. let the oil work its way in ... Oh and take the bolt off the bottom lol
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

Yager

Haha, yeah I did that already, I think the pin might be bent. I dunno. I'll try force when my half doors arrive.

astrogiblet

Yea, I had to coat mine in penetrating oil several times, let it soak in.. then I grabbed a 2x4, put it across the bottom of my door and used a jack to edge it up.. It mostly just lifted my jeep up.. but I was able to kinda jerk on the door while the jack had pressure on it and it finally just let loose.

-Brandon

Yager

Guess I can try that, sounds reasonable. I think the pins are bent.

Yager

I already talked about the pins..

astrogiblet

I can't imagine they are.. it would take a hell of a lot to bend those pins.. you'd have to hit them directly with a hammer or something to bend them enough that it would stop them from coming out.

-Brandon

Paul Hittie

Quote from: "astrogiblet"Yea, I had to coat mine in penetrating oil several times, let it soak in.. then I grabbed a 2x4, put it across the bottom of my door and used a jack to edge it up.. It mostly just lifted my jeep up.. but I was able to kinda jerk on the door while the jack had pressure on it and it finally just let loose.

-Brandon

x2 - pressure from the jack coupled with some gentle  :mrgreen:  back and forth on the door to get the doors off my 93 for the first time.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance