More transmission woes..

Started by astrogiblet, July 30, 2008, 05:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astrogiblet

Well it looks like my transmission is going again. Not sure why this time.

It was slipping the other day so I checked the levels. It was about a quart low. Filled it up.. and today it was slipping again. So I checked the fluid and it was low again. Ended up taking it to Magpie for a proffessional oppinion. They filled it up for me for free.. said it was about 2 quarts low.

They also mentioned that my tranny seems to be making a lot of noise, and it is leaking somewhere, although the only puddle that seems to be on my driveway or at work is from the steering gear. The guy at Magpie said it sounded like it was something to do with the torque converter. He also mentioned the possibility of it leaking into the transfer case... ?

Looks like I picked up my tranny from Two Track Minds last year on October 23rd after they rebuilt it. I'm hoping they don't have any issues with the one year warranty I got through them. I have faith though, they seem to be good guys.

-Brandon

jeepfan1974

you might have sent your jeep into limp mode driving it whithout a gas cap i would replace the cap and the drive it for a few days  before taking it to 2tm
Let\'s go wheeling!

jeepfan1974

the obd two computer system can read the vacuum  level in the tank if you dont have a gas cap you have a vacume leak is the check engine light on?
Let\'s go wheeling!

astrogiblet

Check engine light is not on.. but I will get a gas cap and see if that fixes anything.

I didn't think limp mode would cause leaking or noises though.. doesn't it just lockout 3rd gear?

-Brandon

jeepfan1974

well not the leaking and it would depend on the exact noise
Let\'s go wheeling!

astrogiblet

Hmm.. I'll definitely give this a try.

Thanks for the info. :)

-Brandon