TechJeeper

I put my steering together yesterday!

Before:

After:

Rugged Ridge HD Tie Rod and Draglink
BDS Adjust. Trackbar
BDS Hydro Front Shocks
 ::woot::

Installation was pretty simple... for a Jeep.

More of a review to come.

Herezja

Quote from: "Gr8archer"I put my steering together yesterday!

Before:

After:

Rugged Ridge HD Tie Rod and Draglink
BDS Adjust. Trackbar
BDS Hydro Front Shocks
 ::woot::

Installation was pretty simple... for a Jeep.

More of a review to come.

I have been looking at upgrading my steering for a while now...how much did this set up cost you, just out of curiosity?

TechJeeper

I didn't really pay attention, lol.

BDS Trackbar was like $170
HD Tie Rod and Draglink Crossover setup was $199
and the shocks were $70 for the set.

NewRide

Did you have to ream out your knuckles ?
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

TechJeeper

nope, only modifying was drilling out the tackbar mount hole to 1/2".

NewRide

So you are still using to old smaller tie rods then right ?
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."

TechJeeper

Nope, the tie rod and drag links weigh about twice the factory stuff.  Instead of using the sleeve design at the ends, they are actualy tapped, so the end threads into the rod, then the ends are held by a big nut and a lock nut.  They claim:

QuoteThese Tie Rod Assemblies provide virtually 1-ton strength with factory tapered ends, so no modification is required! The tube is 1.25" OD SAE steel with .25" wall thickness that is cold rolled, pierced and drawn through dies. This bolt-on tie rod and drag link solution is perfect for preventing bent tie rods from off roading with larger tires.

And the ends are like half the price of a Auto Zone TRE.

So far I love it, I have to go get it aligned,,,,  Anyone know how much Mr Frontend charges?

NewRide

Kewl just asking .. when I upgraded mine they had to ream out the knuckles to fit the larger tie rods . Don't remember that cost of an alignment ... would have to say 55 - 75 ......

Paul Hittie

Mr Front end isn't the cheapest in town, but you get what you pay for - he has been doing all of our front end work for several years, he has always been very fair.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance