Some Pictures From My Last Safari in Rwanda

Started by Herezja, March 12, 2008, 08:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herezja

A lot of you were a little curious about where I am currently residing after seeing my intro. post, so I thought I would post up some pics of the last safari I went on in Rwanda. We went to Akagera National Park in Rwanda...a large nature reserve toward the Zambian border a few months back. It is about a two hour ride from my house. I am also posting a few pictures of my house as well....just for fun  :mrgreen:

My house (your tax dollars at work :mrgreen:):

View from my upstairs balcony:

Entrance to Akagera:

Zebra Crossing:

I basically walked right up to this guy to snap this pic:

Look close...there is a baboon in this picture:

We tracked this elephant for 3 hours until we finally found him:

Ok...there's a few to give you all a taste of my year in Rwanda so far.

Thanks and enjoy!   ::woot::

jeepgirl95

WOW!!! How AWESOME!!  Thanks for sharing those pictures!  My 3 year old thought they were really cool too!  ::woot::
Wheres the Jeep pictures??

Herezja

Quote from: "jeepgirl95"WOW!!! How AWESOME!!  Thanks for sharing those pictures!  My 3 year old thought they were really cool too!  ::woot::
Wheres the Jeep pictures??

Glad you like them. I have a few of the Jeep as well hanging around. My friend here has a bunch of us wheeling in Kigali on his camera....I am still trying to get those from him.

2" and 33s....while I was posted in Brazil:

Here is a couple, right after a couple of the Marines helped me install the second lift - went from 2" and 33s to 4 1/2" and 35s...sorry for the bad quality, but there was a storm blowing in and I was losing light really fast:

I'll have some more soon....I have been pretty lazy about uploading to photobucket lately.

Enjoy!   ::woot::

Mudviper

I am sooo jealous.. seriously lets switch jobs, I would love to go out there and wheel. I thought it was kind of funny though that you have razor barbed wire around your fence in the back. Kind of reminds me of homes around here in Flint...lol. Why razor barbed wire fencing?

Also noticed on  your winch that the control box is mounted on the side of it. Normally it is mounted on top of the winch. Did you relocated on the side for a reason?

naypalm

Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing!
Where abouts in Brazil were you?

Herezja

Quote from: "Mudviper"I am sooo jealous.. seriously lets switch jobs, I would love to go out there and wheel. I thought it was kind of funny though that you have razor barbed wire around your fence in the back. Kind of reminds me of homes around here in Flint...lol. Why razor barbed wire fencing?

Welll...what do you do? I am going to need a job in the IT field when I get back to MI.  :mrgreen: You can have this job!

It is an Embassy security reg. to have barbed wire on the walls. It basically keeps the rif-raf out....well, that and the armed guard we have from 6pm to 6am every night. Oh yeah...and the black lab. She pretty much scares everyone off.  :lol:

Quote from: "Mudviper"Also noticed on  your winch that the control box is mounted on the side of it. Normally it is mounted on top of the winch. Did you relocated on the side for a reason?

Funny story. Warn forgot to give me the bracket to mount the winch control box, so I fabricated one while I was in Brazil. It seemed like the most logical, easiest, and protected way I could mount it on the front bumper. I am still considering moving it under the hood and then putting the switch controls in the cab, but this seems to be working fine.

Quote from: "NayPalm[Maker"]Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing!
Where abouts in Brazil were you?

I was posted in Brasilia for two years before I came to Kigali. I loved Brazil, but wasn't too impressed by Brasilia.

naypalm

Cool! I am in the same field. I'm going for network administration/engineering and will have both my degrees by this fall. I'm hoping that I land a job soon, cause my current job at the college ends this coming May :(

Herezja

Quote from: "NayPalm[Maker"]Cool! I am in the same field. I'm going for network administration/engineering and will have both my degrees by this fall. I'm hoping that I land a job soon, cause my current job at the college ends this coming May :(

Good luck! I am basically with you on that one. I have already started putting my resume out some, but this week I am probably going to flood the market. I am hoping for something in LAN/WAN Admin/security as a supervisor...preferably something that requires a clearance, but I definitely won't hold my breath on the clearance part.

Although....what my wife and I really want to do, is open up an Offroad Shop in Saginaw. Of course, small business loans aren't that easy to come by when you don't have a job. :mrgreen: So...a job, I guess, needs to come first.

naypalm

Theres a good few jobs in saginaw right now, have you looked on simplyhired.com? I've been checking there for quite some time; I like em more than monster or career builder because they eliminate all of the "nationwide stay-at-home" jobs. Check it out! Simply Hired

Herezja

Quote from: "NayPalm[Maker"]Theres a good few jobs in saginaw right now, have you looked on simplyhired.com? I've been checking there for quite some time; I like em more than monster or career builder because they eliminate all of the "nationwide stay-at-home" jobs. Check it out! Simply Hired

Thanks...I will take a look tomorrow. It's quitting time around here now.

I have also been looking around on:

USAJOBS.opm.com
ClearanceJobs.com
and MLIVE.com

I have found some pretty good leads. Hopefully something will pan out...but at least I have some time.

94_xj_country

very nice jeep, looks like theres alot of fun out there
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

Nosilla

Awesome pictures. Also very nice jeep.

longarm

Very nice pics.  I don't blame you for wanting to come home.  It looks live a great place to VISIT, however, theres nowhere in the world like the good ol US of A.   ::woot::   Very nice TJ btw.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

jeepfan1974

yeah all as i can see is a tire cover lol hope to see more pics soon more zebras!!! ::woot::     oh yeah and the jeep too
Let\'s go wheeling!