Trail Maintenance

Started by Paul Hittie, March 18, 2010, 09:13:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hittie

Seems like no matter what dates we pick for trail maintenance, and how far in advance we plan it, something always comes up in my schedule that makes it a challenge to get to one or the other of our trail maintenance dates.  Looks like I already have a GLFWDA scheduling conflict with our late summer maintenance date, and will not be able to make it.  Cody recently posted the open executive board positions, as well as some new possible committee positions.  If you are interested in becoming the WLB Trail Maintenance Coordinator, please feel free to contact me - there is a free Trail Maintenance Workshop scheduled for next Thursday in Lansing that I will be attending, and I would love to take along someone willing to learn enough about the specs and rules with an eye towards filling this committee spot for the club.  Trail Maintenance Handbooks are available for free download from the DNR webpage if you are unable to make the workshop.  90% of the job is common sense, the other 10% is covered in the handbook.  Becoming the club's coordinator does not commit you to making evey cleanup - you as the Coordinator would be the head of a committee of at least one more volunteer - me!
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

ouchman

what time is said meeting, i might be able to attend
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

COF radio http:// 216.59.4.130:8014/listen.pls  http://xat.com/chat/room/85630064/

Paul Hittie

The bus leaves the Miller Rd/I-69 park-n-ride at 5pm, meeting at 6pm.  Meeting scheduled to run until 9pm I think, might be an opportunity for a beverage/burger on the way home.

jeepsR4Girls

Ed thought it was on Wednesday and was planning on going, but since it Thursday he will have to do some MAJOR SWEET TALKING, and then he might be able to attend.

TechJeeper

So thats this coming Thursday?

Paul Hittie

March 25, 2010

jeepsR4Girls

Ed will have to meet you there Paul. He will be working in Lansing area that day.

ricochet1987

i might go since there is a bus lol
J.E.E.P= Just Each and Every Paycheck!!!