Tents..

Started by astrogiblet, August 20, 2007, 09:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astrogiblet

Is this the tent that Paul has?

http://www.epinions.com/content_184366042756

He said his 320+ square foot tent is a Jeep one right? Is that it?

I'm looking to buy a new tent.. Not quite that big, I don't think, but I want a bigger one thats really nice. We do a lot of camping, and our current tent is (I'll quote this based on what my mother said) "The biggest piece of junk ever", and our little tent (the one I used this weekend) is wayyy to small.

So I'm looking for one that can accommodate 5-6 people and all their junk and hold up to a lot of camping... Anyone have any suggestions?

-Brandon

TechJeeper

Paul...?

TechJeeper

Eureka has alot of really nice tents... anywhere from 1 person to like 25 people tents.

Paul Hittie

Mine is similar - perhaps the 326 sq ft thing was a bit of an exageration.  Mine has door openings on each end, full windows down each side, and the little pop-out windows on each end.  Plenty big enough for 5 guys to sleep, bags packed for a week in the Canadian wilderness, and a card table for nightly sessions of "Up and Down the River".
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

astrogiblet

Hmm... 25 person.. that might work. :P

I was just looking at military tents that are like 40 x 1000 for $4000 lol!

A little bit overkill...

-Brandon

TechJeeper

Quote from: "astrogiblet"Hmm... 25 person.. that might work. :P

I was just looking at military tents that are like 40 x 1000 for $4000 lol!

A little bit overkill...

-Brandon

That would be freakin sweet!  You should get one!!!

astrogiblet

Ehh... I meant 40 x 100.... the palsy makes me push the button more. :p

-Brandon

astrogiblet

Quote from: "phittie1100"Mine is similar - perhaps the 326 sq ft thing was a bit of an exageration.  Mine has door openings on each end, full windows down each side, and the little pop-out windows on each end.  Plenty big enough for 5 guys to sleep, bags packed for a week in the Canadian wilderness, and a card table for nightly sessions of "Up and Down the River".

Hmm... I'd like to see this thing... I looked all over for Jeep tents.. but I haven't found it yet, if you get a spare moment and could find me a link that would be great!

-My name is Brandon

Paul Hittie

We can pick a sunny day and set it up if you want.  Sam's Club sells a Swiss Army tent currently that I think is pretty much the same as mine, except mine is a couple years old now.  Unfortunately not for sale, though.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

longarm

Why buy a Jeep tent?  Your paying for a name.  But, it's your money, you spend it how you want.  The swiss army tents at Sams are very nice as Paul mentioned.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

astrogiblet

I'm not buying a Jeep tent, I was just looking for some info on it.

Right now I'm just scouting around the internet for a nice tent.

I found a sweet 2 person tent that I considered getting for just myself. Has an exocage on it for 4 season camping. :D

I'm gonna have to go up to sams and look at that Swiss Army tent, thanks for the tip!

-Brandon