Police Chase..

Started by astrogiblet, October 17, 2007, 02:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astrogiblet

So, I'm sitting at the dort and saginaw light heading north on saginaw when I see these two cops barelling towards me. Its weird because they are both driving at me in the turn lane, but theres no cars on either side of them. The light turns green and everyone starts to pull over to the side of the road to let them pass, when all the sudden this Dodge Nitro nearly rear ends me as he BLOWS by me. I thought he was just trying to get over real fast before the cops got there, but then 8 or 10 cop cars blew by me behind him. They looked to be State Troopers, Grand Blanc cops, and Burton police (there could have been a flint cop or two in there too.. not quite sure). As the aforementioned police that were driving towards me see the Dodge Nitro coming at them, they both swerve to try to block off the road so he can't get by. This causes the Nitro to swerve, almost drift around the cop car on the left and continue flying down the road. I look in my rearview mirror and don't see anything else (by this time adrenaline is pumping through me, damn I wish I wasn't at work and could have followed them)... then all the sudden 3 or 4 more cops blow by me followed by two civilian looking cars (they could have been undercover cops, or possibly FBI? One was a black Buick LaCrosse, possibly a GXP, and the other I can't remember. They were probably just people following the chase, but they were flying right behind the cops and swerved through the intersection and between the two groups of cars on the side of the road right behind the police cars). After they go by theres nobody else, so I continue on down the road, and in my rear-view mirror there are a bunch more civilian cars (these are definitely just people wanting to get in on the action) trying desperately to pass everyone and follow the chase. I get a little further down the road and theres another cop sitting in the car wash parking lot by Saginaw and Maple (I'm assuming he was trying to stop people from following the chase) and then a second cop sitting at the opposite corner by the car lot there. I go to my delivery on maple and come back and theres a third cop (Burton police) turning right opposite the other two police.

That's my story for the day. Most amazing thing I've ever seen. Whats the chance of a Police chase coming through Grand Blanc? Since I didn't see them coming from behind me when I went to drive again, I'm assuming they came down Dort (possibly from the freeway??). With that many Police following them, they had to have been going for at least a few minutes... maybe 10 or 15..

It was amazing! I'm hoping to catch the whole story in the news or newspaper in the next day or two...

-Brandon

Anonymous

there was one in Davison yesterday that resulting in the death of one person and injuries to I believe two more.  None of whom were the person being chased.  It is on the front page of the Journal today.  
I had just gone to Brendan's school when all the cops and ambulances were flying north on 15.  I figured it was a huge accident, which is was, but I never thought it would be the result of a police chase.

That's odd that there have been two in two days.  Hopefully that's it for around here.  That kinda thing can stay out in LA with OJ for all I care.

astrogiblet

Ha, yea.. Supposedly, according to the rumor mill at work (which is almost always wrong) the guy I saw today was being chased from Detroit where they caught him doing a drug deal.

-Brandon

longarm

I am so glad for technology.  GM I believe it is is spearheading some new technology that will have a device installed in cars by 2009 that prevents vehicles from being stolen successfully.  Something with Onstar being able to zap a signal to the car to make it only go at idle speeds.  It's a two fold technology, Law Enforcement will also be able to directly contact Onstar and they can stop a chase by simply zapping the car, stolen or not, this resulting in less injuries or death due to accidents.

BTW, I would really have to discourage anyone trying to get in on following a high speed police chase.  Thats generally not a good idea.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

Mudviper

Quote from: "longarm"I am so glad for technology.  GM I believe it is is spearheading some new technology that will have a device installed in cars by 2009 that prevents vehicles from being stolen successfully.  Something with Onstar being able to zap a signal to the car to make it only go at idle speeds.  It's a two fold technology, Law Enforcement will also be able to directly contact Onstar and they can stop a chase by simply zapping the car, stolen or not, this resulting in less injuries or death due to accidents.

BTW, I would really have to discourage anyone trying to get in on following a high speed police chase.  Thats generally not a good idea.

They have actually had this for vechiles for many years not, but they just have choosen not to use it for some reason. It would be a good thing to have, but wonder if the insurance companies will give you a discount if you have it. Most of the people I work with that have OnStar only have it for the free trial. Once the trial is over, they have it disconnect because they can't afford the subscription.

Paul Hittie

The OnStar service can already be used to disable a stoolen vehicle.  You or law enforcement can call OnStar, and they go through a preprogrammed shut down that gradually detunes the engine until it stalls out and dies.  Kinda like Mel Farr did a few years back on his buy-here-pay-here used car lots.  Except his just disabled the ignition whether it was sitting still or on the freeway!
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance