Interesting Rant

Started by astrogiblet, May 17, 2008, 04:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astrogiblet

I read this rant recently in a copy of American Handgunner (an old copy, my coworker gave me a bunch). Thought it was an interesting topic to talk about...

QuoteVirginia Tech:
Rage, Reflection and Rejection

Guest Editorial by Handgunner's own John Connor
Editor's Note: I discussed the Virginia Tech incident with Connor during one of his rare "phone into the office" moments. After talking, I realized John could say it better than I ever could, so I asked him to send us his thoughts. Reading this, you might think he was calm, thoughtful and methodical while he was writing it. Nope. If we had strapped some cans of old paint to him, the contents would have been whipped to a froth from the rage-induced vibration. Best not to mention it to him for a while, perhaps — until his Heat Index drops below "volcanic."

How could this have happened? Is that a serious question? In a place where possession of a gun — and indeed, any effective means of self-defense — is prohibited; a place packed with young people who have been taught that surrender and submission is not only the correct, but the morally superior response to lethal confrontation; a slaughter-chute where the prey were lulled by a moronic mantra of "this is a gun-free zone; a safe and nurturing place; there is nothing to fear," 32 are killed at leisure by a lone, armed psychotic. Through a red film of rage, I ask, I cry, How could it NOT have happened? Did thinking people not know, from both ancient and modern history, and from simple common sense, that it had to happen?

First, disarm as many citizens as possible. Restrict their God-given right to self-defense, and make those who successfully deter predators the subjects of aggressive prosecution and endless life-destroying lawsuits on behalf of their would-be murderers. Create "killing boxes," and fill them with infantilized, mind-massaged victims, and give them rules against resisting killers. Forbid trained, experienced, armed citizens and even off-duty peace officers from bearing arms in those zones, and ridicule those who protest as "paranoids."

Coddle the obviously crazed and dangerous. Brush aside and ignore their prolonged, repeated, graphic threats of grisly mass murder. Minimize their malignant malice; indulge it as "diversity" and celebrate its "otherness." If the most obvious threat is brought before a court, then fumble and fail, without follow-up, and hold no one accountable for it, because the guilty are "gentle, compassionate, socially-sensitive souls." Do not blink at the ticking time bomb's return to the classroom, where his freshly embittered brain spews out even more and greater warnings of the coming explosion.

Finally, claim this inevitable event, and the actions of its architect "could never have been foreseen," even if, absurdly, you "knew it had to be Cho" when you heard of the slaughter. Only a "respected professor" or other half-wit could utter such words without seeing their irony.

Above all, totally abdicate decision-making power on the issues of arms and self-defense to those who are completely unqualified to even address the subjects.

A Better Bloodbath

In America, many of our oldest and most onerous gun laws were crafted by criminals and passed by their puppet politicians. Frequently their purpose, as in New York City, was to prohibit arms to rival gangs. In other places, like Chicago and San Francisco, their aim was to criminalize ethnic minorities and "subversive elements," including blue-collar workers with coal on their clothes and grease under their fingernails; those who might organize and object to dangerous slave labor conditions and perennial poverty.

Following on that foundation came more restrictive weapons laws propounded by "progressive thinkers" and "social engineers," many of whom also embraced the "science" of "eugenics," which called for the euthanasia of "congenital misfits, morons and degenerates." Jews were, as a race, defined as degenerates. The "progressive" philosophy also envisioned a more "manageable, unarmed populace" of those who were not quite bound for the gas chambers, but well below the sophistication level of "gifted society" — those "born to lead." They only abandoned euthanasia, by the way, when the Third Reich co-opted the theme.

Tyrants and gangsters still exert their influence, because corrupt politicians prefer unarmed peasants; a simple fact. Their motives ethically disqualify them from such decision-making. Then, increasingly, our laws, policies and public perceptions have been and are promoted and enforced by psychological cripples, the emotionally unbalanced, and moral cowards.

Am I being rash and unreasonable?

Please consider this: Those who fear inanimate objects — tools like guns and knives — and believe them to be intrinsically evil or capable of inspiring evil, are clearly psychologically crippled. They cannot think rationally about arms and their lawful use. Those who cannot differentiate between armed, trained, dedicated guardians of their fellow man, and twisted, predatory, psychotic killers, based on shared use of firearms, are clearly emotionally unbalanced. Those who so morbidly fear physical confrontation they preach submission and surrender, even unto death, in preference to fighting for life — and seek to enforce that condition upon others — are moral cowards.

None are possessed of the courage, wisdom and appreciation of the dynamics of violence and counter-violence requisite to engage in decision-making on those critical issues — yet they do. They persist, and the killing zones widen, deepen and darken with the blood of innocents.

Our rights and freedoms were fought for and affirmed by brave and brilliant men, now derided and ridiculed by academia and the effete as "Irrelevant Dead White Males." Our rights have been stolen by the unworthy. To them we must say, "Your way has not, does not, will not work. Sit down and SHUT UP!"

What do you think? I pretty much agree with what he's saying.. If you take away the guns from people, how can you not expect something like this to happen?

-Brandon