Main Menu

Gas Cap

Started by astrogiblet, July 02, 2008, 08:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astrogiblet

I don't know if I left it at a gas station on accident, or somebody stole it (god, I hope they didn't take any gas too -_-) but somehow I'm missing my gas cap. Never happened before, I usually make sure its on before I leave the station cause I'm always worried I'll leave it behind.. but..

So anybody have one available (for a TJ)? I'm afraid to know what a dealership might charge me, or if I can even get one from Autozone..

-Brandon

94_xj_country

autozone and meijer ussually have a large variety of gas caps in stock, shouldnt be too bad i had to buy one for my xj there
support the sport - http://www.glfwda.org

Nosilla

I got 1 at the stealership once. i was only like 10-12. Don't remember.

Mudviper

Good time to invest into a lockable gas cap

Also my cap is attached to the neck of my tank so I can't loose it. Not sure if TJ's come this way or not, but you could hit the junk yard to find the plastic link to attach your cap to your neck so you will not loose it.

Nosilla

Yes the TJ's come with it.

astrogiblet

Well I guess I'm going to check around. I have an interview in the morning (good god, just realized it was midnight and I gotta be up at 5:30, argh!) and then I'm gonna have to find a gas cap. My Jeep was acting up, running really shakey today, and I'm almost 100% sure the gas cap is the issue.

-Brandon

Yager

The gas cap seals your gas tank and has something to do with the vacuum system. I don't understand it, don't like it and don't think I want it, but it's there, under my hood, laughing at me..  :shock:
04 Cherokee Laredo, 95 Wrangler S
mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com\">mailto:Jammy11b@Gmail.com

longarm

I think I paid about 4 or 5 bucks for mine at Autozone.  Just abour every auto parts store should have them in stock.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

dbikers

u could always make one out of a bar of soap...i wouldn't spend the time or $$ looking for a new one  ::ouch::
Be careful about reading health books.  You may die of a misprint.
             -- Mark Twain

astrogiblet

Still haven't gotten around to getting this yet.

I got a new job and I drive about 25 miles a week in my Jeep now and work 40+ hours a week. Haven't had the time nor the motivation to go out and get one.

I would almost argue that I get better gas milleage without the gas cap on.. but damn all those people that come up to me and say "You know your missing your gas cap?" sure are annoying! haha...

-Brandon

Anonymous

tell them they owe you a quarter for being the X number person to tell you that.  before long, your gas cap will be free... :mrgreen:

BTW, congrats on the new job, where at?  Got anything free for us??? :mrgreen:

astrogiblet

Haha thats a good idea!

I'm working at a place called Spud Software. We work with dealerships all over the country and provide three programs for them. I do the tech support for those programs and work with the dealerships to set them up and get things working correctly.

No free stuff, sorry.. Unless you have a use for about 75 15" CRT monitors!! :P  Goodwill is coming to pick them up in a few days.

-Brandon

astrogiblet

Got a gas cap today at Meijer for $14. Its a locking one too. They had a pretty large selection of locking and regular gas caps.

-Brandon

longarm

$14.00!  Wow, I think I spent about 6 or 7 bucks at auto zone.  Locking are not going to be of much use to ya Brandon if your going to wheel it.  I went through two of em on my Jeep before I just went and got a regular old gas cap.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

naypalm

I had a locking gas cap on my old ram truck, the dam lock would freeze up all the time during the winter.