matt at speedway

Started by ricochet1987, December 15, 2009, 10:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ricochet1987

i seen matt at speedway on miller rd almost to linden....i was buying monsters and he walked in to pay for gas!! i thought that was him but wasn't sure since i didn't see the sticker as he drove by the window to park at a pump but realized it was when he walked in!
J.E.E.P= Just Each and Every Paycheck!!!

rallykid

Sorry I didn't get a chance to talk much but as you could tell things were getting pretty heated between me and the clerk.

Can't pay at the pump because the credit card machine in the pump was not working. You have to pre-pay for gas. However you can't pre-pay for gas with a credit card because they have to have an amount on the pump to charge to the card and they can't turn the pump on unless you pre-pay. Which again takes us back to "you can't pay with a credit card until after you have pumped your gas."  ::trout::
Always outnumbered, never outgunned

naypalm

Being a clerk at a gas station just plain sucks.... everyone that walks in the station, hates you. The system totally blows, You can't just swipe your card inside and go pump, they need to input a number on the terminal. The best option is to leave your ID and/or Credit Card with the clerk then walk in to sign and get your cards. As a clerk, I would usually get 8 cards thrown (literally) at me out of every 10 people I'd explain this to. I've grown to appreciate and respect those with shitty clerk jobs. It was Because of all the people that would flip out on me constantly due to having to walk in twice for gas... that I would always have a knife, baseball bat, or mag-light near me at all times.

Don't kill the clerk, they hate their crappy job too!

/rant

ricochet1987

as for matt s i knewe things were getting heated and for matt m r u done with your rant!? lol
J.E.E.P= Just Each and Every Paycheck!!!

Paul Hittie

Gas station clerks today have it easy.  They make coffee, and make sure that if you drive off without paying they call 911.  

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I worked at a station that had a full-service island - pump your gas, check your oil, refill washer fluid, replace your wiper blades, yada yada yada (for the youngsters that have never been to a full service station).  I changed tires and fixed flats if no one else was around, scrubbed the repair bays out at the end of the day (OK now you REALLY know how long ago this was) and measured the fuel in the tanks with a 12' measuring stick.  We didn't have much in the way of a minimart though - a cooler with soft drinks (we had a drinking fountain, no bottled water or energy drinks), a rack with gum and candy bars, and a rack with smokes.  I made the same $minimum-wage-plus-$0.11 that clerks do today, but back then we still had to make change - no little computer to spit out the coins in the proper proportions.

So yeah, give them hell, they don't have much else to do except keep the receipt paper rolls full and the bullet proof glass clean.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

naypalm

lol, I worked at a ghetto station in town. No glass, no ez change dispenser, register from the 80's and had a foreigner as a boss which sucked the most.

Let me rephrase what I said : Give the poor clerks at shell a break, and give the lazy speedway clerks hell.