Thanksgiving Day Food Drive @ The Mounds

Started by TechJeeper, October 12, 2010, 07:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechJeeper

Once again, the What Lies Beyond Jeep Club will be set up in the Pavilion at the Mounds on Thanksgiving Day collecting canned food and money to help the Eastern Michigan Food Bank!  

Last year we managed to raise $331 in cash and collected a whopping 575Lbs of food!  With each dollar raised, the Eastern Michigan Food Bank can buy $14 worth of food for families in need!  

So if you plan on doing some Thanksgiving Day Wheeling, drop by the Pavilion at the Mounds and help us help families in this desperate time!  

Oh! and we will have hot coffee and coco, as well as some goodies to munch on!

PAYPAL DONATIONS CAN BE MADE AS WELL BY CLICKING
------> //goo.gl/tuXQ <------

THANK YOU!

TechJeeper

Nosilla

couple typos cody.

"So if you plan on doing some Thanksgiving Day Wheeling, drop by the Pavilion at the Mounds and help us help families in this desperate time!

Also in the advertisement should read the 4th annual food drive.

TechJeeper

Thanks Neil, I will get them corrected asap, I r not a goud speeler.

As for the 4th, I know two years we did the winter clothing drive, and last year was the first for the canned food drive, the mounds annouced it as our "2nd Annual Food Drive" so that is kinda what I went by...

Whats everyones thought on it?

Nosilla

maybe put 2nd annual food drive or 4th annual community support drive. The more years the better it sounds.

Just my .02

LPM606

no such word as monitary either... monetary But looks good...

TechJeeper

There was a number of spelling errors,  ::poke::  ::trout::  thanks phittie for the notification.

I updared the post above with the flyer, let me know if you see anything else wrong..

NewRide

Quote from: "Gr8archer"There was a number of spelling errors,  ::poke::  ::trout::  thanks phittie for the notification.

I updared the post above with the flyer, let me know if you see anything else wrong..

Yea ... its "updated" and "flier" .....  ::poke::
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

Paul Hittie

THANKS FOR MAKING THE FLYER CODY!
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

TechJeeper

Quote from: "NewRide"
Quote from: "Gr8archer"There was a number of spelling errors,  ::poke::  ::trout::  thanks phittie for the notification.

Yea ... its "updated" and "flier" .....  ::poke::

I need to stop posting from my phone lmfao.

naypalm

Got the receipt in the PO box for the Genesee County Parks Permit we needed to reserve the pavilion at the mounds.

Herezja

Wish I could be there, but we are doing the annual tradition of Thansgiving at the cabin up north. Hope everything goes well!

rallykid

What time are we headed out there and what time are we headed back? Just curious so I can plan my day.

Matt - Cody had mentioned that you might be willing to give a Jeepless brother a lift to this fine event? That would be greatly appreciated since J9 is taking the Tracker and I don't want to gut the 7 day old Toyota getting there.  :oops:
Always outnumbered, never outgunned

naypalm

thats fine Matt.

Does anyone know if EMFB is going to be open after noon to accept the donation boxes?

Paul Hittie

I don't want to sound like we are cooking the books, but I just got off the phone with Geri Lowman, the insurance agent for GLFWDA (and me).  Last year Geri wrote a personal check to the Food Bank for $100, the cost of our event insurance policy that she helped us get - she thought it was poopy that we had to have event insurance to have a canned food drive, the donation was her way of fixing it for us.   Unfortunately this year our schedules are not going to work out to meet and get a check from her, so she is going to mail her donation directly to the Food Bank this year.  She still wants us to include it in our total for our food drive, she would not be making this donation if it were not for her feeling sorry for us standing in the cold on Thanksgiving Day.

FYI the insurance policy for GLFWDA for this year includes both our canned food drive and the Two Trackers forest clean-up project so there is no additional fee this year.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance