Jeep Blessing

Started by LPM606, May 31, 2011, 06:32:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LPM606

OK, I'm a little late getting these up, but May was a brutal month with travel schedule at work and such...

If they gave a "So Stuck" award (like at SnoFari) I think I would have claimed it on this one... Going over a couple of cars my left front tire kicked out a support timber that they had stuck through the windshield and consequently my tire droppen intot he hole and got wedged in.  They had to have the backhoe come lift the front end of the jeep to slide the timber back in.  I'm sure there are hundreds of pics of this floating around as everyone was snapping away, but here is how it looked from the inside before we actuallygot picked up...

On to the next obstacle, a set of concrete steps,  slid the back end off and got stuck up against a tractor tire that was there to keep you from falling off. Call in the back hoe once again to pull the tire out of the way for me!

Here one where I am actually not stuck.  

A cool feature of the course was this tunnel:

Here's how it looked going through...

Here's a buggy that went throug chadville with almost no trouble...

All in all, the drivers course was much more extensive and more advanced than it was a couple of years ago when we went.  Some VERY off-camber sections with major pucker-factor.  Very challenging. Thanks to PHittie for taking the passenger seat to be official staff photographer and moral support!

NewRide

Looks like fun was had by all !
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

Paul Hittie

Quote from: "LPM606"Here one where I am actually not stuck.  

Unfortunately the cameraman was .7 seconds late taking this one - moments before his LF tire (right side of the pic) was firmly planted on almost 2 feet of air!

The driver's course was great, even if I was assigned to the primary strap bitch spot.  I kinda like looking over someone else's rig before the trip home to make sure nothing was permanently altered....usually it's mine that needs the inspection.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance