Last Sunday In February pics

Started by LPM606, February 27, 2012, 06:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LPM606

Well, can't say it was the most awesome trip ever... got started down a few trails that quickly deteriorated into sub goat-paths that we had to turn around on and then had a major break on one of the rigs between the camelback hills that ate up most of the afternoon for reapirs.  Still, worst day in the woods is better than the best day at work as they say...  It was some great fresh snow and very pretty. Some pics:

I don't know why this board is always cutting off the pictures anymore...I will have prints of these for anyone at the meeting this sunday.

Paul Hittie

Pam's Jeep was the one that broke, but her daughter's relatively new bf was driving.  So new in fact he had just met Pam the day before!  He twisted an axle shaft when the unit bearing failed, a crew went into town for shaft, brake pads, and a hub (no replacement was available for the pretzel'd drag link) and we got it all back together.  Then he broke it again while we were turning him around to head out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Paul Hittie

We have had better trips.  Lots of dead end trails and just as we we're cranking up the fun we had a pretty serious break in the bottom of a valley that was hard to get in and out of.  But I wasn't at work, so not a bad day day.

chargerlover

what broke when he was gettin turned around?

Paul Hittie

CV Shaft - the brand new one we had just installed!

Note to all - XJ CV shafts for your front axles are low maintenance, fit in place of your factory TJ u-joint axles...and don't seem to be up to the challenge of 35" tires.

chargerlover

damn how did he get it up the hill?

Paul Hittie

Gary's winch plus 2 50' extension lines.  And a real good alternator!