Heat not very hot

Started by alan6271, November 18, 2014, 05:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan6271

I am new to the club (will be joining December 7) but I'm hoping I can pick a few brains.  Now that it's really cold out I've been trying to get heat out of my jeep and its lukewarm at best.  Here's what I've done:

1.  I've found that the air didn't blow on the floor at all.  I found a vacuum line off one of the vacuum thingys that changed the direction of airflow.  Now that works.
2.  I flushed the heater core.  What came out was not too dirty at all.  Looked like antifreeze.  I was able to blow through the large hose and could feel it come out of the small hose so there shouldn't be any obstructions.

The temp gauge reads 210 so I don't think the thermostat is the problem.

I can turn the cool/heat dial and feel the temperature change from luke warm to cold.  The little electric motor everyone talks about freezing up must we working if it changes the temperature.

Any suggestions as to where to go next?
Does anyone else smell that?  Smells like burnt hot dogs and transmission fluid!

alan6271

As a follow up.  Has anyone removed the blend door actuator and physically turned the blend door with a pair of pliers on the little white spacer/grommet?  I took my actuator off and it turned extremely hard. 
Does anyone else smell that?  Smells like burnt hot dogs and transmission fluid!

StingRay66

Sounds like time for some PB Blaster
Russ

No God ....................No Peace

Know God ................Know Peace

gogolen

Sounds like it's time to sell it to someone else in the spring

alan6271

Quote from: gogolen on November 19, 2014, 09:11:37 PM

I might be interested in selling a blend door in the spring.  That's about it. 

I have to have a Jeep to be part of this group and you guys are so awesome...........Can't sell the Jeep!

gogolen

Quote from: alan6271 on November 21, 2014, 07:05:25 AM
Quote from: gogolen on November 19, 2014, 09:11:37 PM

I might be interested in selling a blend door in the spring.  That's about it. 

I have to have a Jeep to be part of this group and you guys are so awesome...........Can't sell the Jeep!
I never suggested not buying another one.

alan6271

Ahhhh.  I like where your heads at!