Hi...from Kigali, Rwanda

Started by Herezja, March 11, 2008, 11:26:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herezja

Hi...

A little about what brought me here:
My wife and I are currently working for the Dept. of State in the Foreign Service and are residing in Kigali, Rwanda working for the US Embassy here. We just decided today that we are going to quit this, as moving around every few years to a new Emabssy is getting old and we are going to move back to her hometown in Saginaw in about a year. So....I decided that a bigger panic than not having a job in year, would be not having a Jeep Club in a year. So, I went tooling around on the internet this afternoon and found you all!

A little about my Jeep past and present:
Since I am originally from MD, I having been a 3 year member of NOVA Jeepers (out of Northern VA), a past member of Maryland Rock Raiders, and was a past member of Blue Mountain Jeep Alliance (out of PA).

I honestly have had too many Jeeps to list, but I am currently running a 2004 Rubicon with a 4.5" RE Superflex and 35s with a whole lot of extras. It tears up the crappy roads in Africa, so at least I stay a little entertained over here.  :mrgreen: I plan to bring it back to MI after we leave here, so I will DEFINATELY be looking for some decent offroading as well.

Anyway....good to meet you all. I am sure I will be chit-chatting here over the next year before we head home. Hope to meet you all soon.

dbikers

Hello Herezja and Welcome.
It's great to hear that you'll be stateside before too long and awesome that you were able to find us on-line!  Saginaw is only about 1/2 hr to 45 minutes north of us here in genessee county and we do a fair amount of wheeling and trail clean-up north of here.
Please feel free to post q's, a's, or just stuff about what's going on in your life on the other side of the world.  
Stay safe and looking forward to mtg in person some time.

John Aldridge
Be careful about reading health books.  You may die of a misprint.
             -- Mark Twain

Mudviper

Wow.. nice to meet ya and hope to be seeing you around. Would you like to trade jobs?  lol.  So how much is gas over there??  just curious

naypalm

Welcome to the forums! Glad to hear that our site is getting out to others out of the country! Hope to wheel with ya soon! ::woot::

NewRide

Welcome !! Great to hear you will be back stateside soon !
 ::Jeep::
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

Anonymous

WOW!!!  Nice to hear from ya.  Atleast you will be able to brag about Africa wheeling.  Look forward to a safe return for ya  ::gay::

Nosilla

Welcome. Glad you found our site. If you have any questions about us just ask away. Be safe till you get back stateside.

Paul Hittie

Well I am impressed as heck that we have enough of an Internet presence that you could find us from Rwanda.  Glad to hear from you, welcome, and make yourself at home!
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

TechJeeper

w00000000t!

As the webmaster for WLB I am honored to have you on this site.  

It makes me tingle inside a little to know its getting around the world :-D.

ouchman

welcome  ::woot::
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

COF radio http:// 216.59.4.130:8014/listen.pls  http://xat.com/chat/room/85630064/

Herezja

Quote from: "Mudviper"Wow.. nice to meet ya and hope to be seeing you around. Would you like to trade jobs?  lol.  So how much is gas over there??  just curious

Well....gas locally is a little over $5 a gallon....about $40 gets me a little less than half a tank!  :o  Luckily, the Embassy lets the American Diplomats fill up at their pumps, so we catch a little break, but I still about $4 a gallon going that route.

Herezja

Quote from: "Gr8archer"w00000000t!

As the webmaster for WLB I am honored to have you on this site.  

It makes me tingle inside a little to know its getting around the world :-D.

I tend to have that kind of effect on Webmasters...oh wait...this isn't that kind of site   :mrgreen:  :lol:  j/k

Herezja

Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone!

I posted a few pictures in the "pictures and videos" section of my house and my last safari in Akagera, if anyone is interested.

Thanks!  ::Jeep::

longarm

Welcome to the site.  I'll bet you will have some great stories about the wheeling not only over there, but in the MD & VA areas too.  Looking forward to meeting ya.  Until then, take care and be safe.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I do not wish for my enemies to be brought to justice, I instead would like to see justice brought to my enemies..."

jeepfan1974

welcome   looking forward to wheeling with you
Let\'s go wheeling!