TRAIL CLEAN UP !!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by jeepfan1974, July 07, 2008, 11:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudviper

Yeah I can ride with you, room providing. I take it we are all meeting up at your place and heading out from there?

GOT ROCKS

I still have 4 seats available as well.

Do we need to bring chain saws or clippers, or weed eaters?
RHINO ZJ:
//http://www.rhinozj.com
I <3 my Bacon Pockets!

Nosilla

Yes steve. Meet at my house no later than 6:30.

Anthony bring anything you thing we might need. Clippers, chainsaw, gloves ect.   Weed whips only are good if you have a cutting head for it.

My truck is now full. Remember Anthony has empty seats as well.

Anonymous

hey, not sure this is a dumb question or not, but is there a need to bring twine, etc to bind up what you cut?  How about something to haul it out of there with?  I'm just trying to think of loose ends that might kick you in the hind end once you get up there.

Oh, BTW, I'm not going to be there--the Hannah Montana concert is on in 3D that night and I will be entertaining something like 9 tween-age girls.  I can hardly wait..... ::ouch::

Mudviper

Not sure how this club does it, but I know when I have done trail maintenance we never really haul anything out. Basically all we did was trim the trail to make sure the trail maintained the correct wide. Any thing we cut just got thrown to the side.

Nosilla

Thats the idea Steve. We did haul out some trash last year. Beer cans ect.

GOT ROCKS

So as it turns out, one of my customers who owns a Liquor Store was broken into, and during the break in they destroyed as many cameras they could get to and tried to smash the PC DVR.

However, after taking out the DVR  and removing the HD I was able to retrieve all of the footage to catch the 3 guys in the act.  That was fun to be able to get the bad guys for once.  They were picked up this afternoon.

On the other hand I have to go back in Saturday and Sunday after the construction crew gets the store back to some what of a normal state, and put up some temporary cameras and re-wire the whole building as most of the lines were cut or damaged during this whole ordeal.

Due to the priority of this situation I have to unfortunately step down from the trail clean up this weekend and tend to my customer.

I wish you all the best and I hope it all goes smoothly.

Thanks for understanding,
Anthony
RHINO ZJ:
//http://www.rhinozj.com
I <3 my Bacon Pockets!

jeepgirl95

Weather for Atlanta, MI: Saturday mostly sunny and 81, for those who may be staying.... Sunday is partly cloudy and 76.
We are leaving tomorrow night, see everyone Sat morning.  If anyone wants to come up friday night, everyone is welcome to camp out.......but, remember the cabin is very rustic (hand pump well, and out-house) we do have electricity though ::woot::
last time we were up there we did get somewhat of a cell signal if anyone needs to get a hold of us.  
Everyone drive careful and see you all Saturday!

rltsjeep

I volunteered to come up on Saturday morning to help .

My problem is ...........Where in the hell I'm I going?; me thinks I need some directions once I get to Atlanta?????? If thats where the trail clean up is.

::ouch::  ::ouch::  ::ouch::

And does anyone want to ride up with me Saturday morning?

Anonymous

Hey Tony................................

Mudviper

Quote from: "rltsjeep"I volunteered to come up on Saturday morning to help .

My problem is ...........Where in the hell I'm I going?; me thinks I need some directions once I get to Atlanta?????? If thats where the trail clean up is.

::ouch::  ::ouch::  ::ouch::

And does anyone want to ride up with me Saturday morning?

If you are in the Fling area, there are a few of us meeting at Nosilla's house and leaving his place at 6:30 Saturday morning

Paul Hittie

General directions:

Find your best route to "downtown" Atlanta, MI, located at the crossroads of M33 and M32.  I prefer I75 to M33, then straight up M33.

I talked to Neil the other day, I think the general plan is to meet at the DNR field office, a mile(?) or so north of M32 on M33, right (east) side of the road.  We can meet up in the parking lot and gather the necessary supplies.

Speaking of supplies, there are a couple of sections in the Atlanta system that usually require a fair amount of brush removal.  If you have access to a weed-wacker with a heavy-duty brush cutting head, or a gas-powered hedge trimmer, we can find some placces to use it.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Paul Hittie

http://www.dnr.state.mi.us/spatialdatal ... tlanta.pdf

The Atlanta system has 3 seperate routes - Elk, Brush Creek and Tomahawk.  Tomahawk in the north includes a useless section laid out like quilt squares that depending on the recent weather can be really overgrown with wild roses and other vines that live to rip you apart.  The bottom section, Brush Creek, is (or was last year) still pretty heavily wooded, and is usually where we find the most trees down on/near the trails.  Elk, in the middle, has a little bit of something for everyone.  I'll try to get oversized copies of my map book made for tomorrow so all of the drivers (or at least each group) can have a decent map.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Mudviper

Quote from: "phittie1100"http://www.dnr.state.mi.us/spatialdatal ... tlanta.pdf

The Atlanta system has 3 seperate routes - Elk, Brush Creek and Tomahawk.  Tomahawk in the north includes a useless section laid out like quilt squares that depending on the recent weather can be really overgrown with wild roses and other vines that live to rip you apart.  The bottom section, Brush Creek, is (or was last year) still pretty heavily wooded, and is usually where we find the most trees down on/near the trails.  Elk, in the middle, has a little bit of something for everyone.  I'll try to get oversized copies of my map book made for tomorrow so all of the drivers (or at least each group) can have a decent map.

We are actually going to have to work while we are up there... hmmm going to have to re-think this and might have to charge extra for that..lol

NewRide

Quote from: "Harley"Hey Tony................................

Hey Chris ......................
"I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with typewriters."
   - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)