City Tax Form?

Started by Mudviper, January 25, 2008, 09:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudviper

Looks like that since I moved in to the city of Flint I have to pay city taxes, which I have never had to do before. I am using Turbo Tax and trying to fill out the CF-1040 form for Flint City Tax and it wants me to fill in the following information:

Form CF-1040 (Flint) -- Schedule of Wages: Last date of employment during the current tax year for employer-1 must be entered.

Form CF-1040 (Flint) -- Schedule of Wages: First date of employment during the current tax year for employer-1 must be entered.

What exactly is it trying to ask me to do? To me it is asking when my last day of employement was, but I am not unemployeed and my first date of employment this year. Confused..lol.

Thanks for any assitance

Nosilla

first day Jan. 1st 2007 last day December 31st 2007

Mudviper

I don't work in Flint, I work in Brighton, but I moved to Flint in the begining of May, would that change my dates?

Paul Hittie

Make sure you are completing the resident section of the city forms and not the non-resident.  For the City of Flint Resident form to calculate properly for a part-year resident it should be looking for dates of residency, not dates of employment.  A part-year City resident return should end up looking like all of your 2007 income is taxable in Flint, but just before it shows the amount due there is a credit based on the %resident/%non-resident days for the year.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with Turbo Tax specifically.
When you stumble in life, Make it Part of Your Dance

Mudviper

Yeah.. turbo tax as me stuck at this point. Wonder if I put zero's in there what will happen. We will see..lol